Help Designing a Fiery Speedster

Spideyguy

Herodom Assembled,

I'm trying to build a speedster character with some minor fire generation powers named "Hotfoot". I picture the character getting the fire energy from the friction that he generates while running. I want to design a power whereby he gets up all this energy, and then just starts emitting flames as he runs by a group of enemies. Here's how I'm building it:

xD6 Energy Blast vs. ED, AOE Line (+1), No Range (-1/2), PC must run by target (-1/2)

Any differing thoughts on how to build this power?

Interesting concept :)

Is it something he can control, or does it just happen when he runs fast enough/has generated enough heat energy?

Writing it up as a Continuous Uncontrolled AoE Hex attack would be more expensive, but have the advantage of allowing you to (effectively) have the AoE effect hit everyone who's hex you pass through, not just those standing in a particular straight line. (maybe.. your GM might balk at the concept of a moving continuous AoE hitting everyone it moves into, rahter than just those that move into it... especially on a speedster who can get that smallish AoE to move into a LOT of people...)

If it is not controlled :

28 (97) Energy Blast - 6d6 EB(E) - Super Friction Heat Release

______(+1) Continuous

______(+1/2) Uncontrolled

______(+1/2) AoE Hex

______(+1/4) Reduced Endurance - 1/2 END (4 END/Phase)

______(-2) Character Himself is the only valid target

______(-1/4) Must be Used if END Btty is Not Empty *

______(-1/4) Full Power Only (limited by END availabilty)

10 (10) END Battery -100 END - Super Friction Heat Buildup

5 (8) END Battery Recovery - 8 Rec

______(-1/2) Linked to Super Running (running past 10"/Phase)

*Like Always On, but less so, since the character can avoid having the power manifest by not running so fast as to put END in the END batttery that feeds it.

Any other ideas?

Does anyone have any other ideas for what other powers I could give this character? I'm picturing him as a low to middle end pyrokinetic, so I don't want him flying or anything, but I really like the concept, and think the name is too great to waste! What do you think?

Originally posted by Spideyguy

Does anyone have any other ideas for what other powers I could give this character? I'm picturing him as a low to middle end pyrokinetic, so I don't want him flying or anything, but I really like the concept, and think the name is too great to waste! What do you think?

Well, if he is actually absorbing/redirecting friction, he may get some kind of absorbtion, heat/friction only.

A Change environment where he raises an areas temperature (runs around really fast). Useful when glaciers threaten the city.

Similar ability to evaporate water, for when it floods.

A really fast metabolism, requiring him to eat lots of food.

A secret identity, working as a manager in the fast food industry :)

The usual speedster stuff (there is a thread about them in the champs section)

Originally posted by Outsider

The main drawback of the DS construction is that the character has to make an attack roll on everyone he passes in order to damage them. That is also an advantage, of course, since he probably wont always want to attack everyone he passes...

"Responsible Offense" is generally a good thing. ;)