May Target One's Self Only on AoE Continuous attacks

Outsider

How much would this limitation on an attack be?

Normal usage of an offensive power like EB with AoE/Continuous is to throw it at range to set up a zone (or multiple zones) of continuing attack, which will hit anyone who then moves into it, even between the character's phases. It is very useful for blocking movement, or encouraging people to move (depending on if they start outside the AoE, or inside it)

First, how much would removing the character's ability to maintain multiple fields be worth?

Second, removing the ability to use the power at range is a -1/2 Limitation, but all that really does is make it so the character can only initiate the field set up in his own, or an adjacent hex. Once set up, can he maintain the field at range, or does "No Range" prohibit not only establishment, but maintenance at range? If the power is Uncontrolled also, it seems like it could (effectively) be maintained at range, even if it was bought no range, which leads me to think that one can normally continue feeding END to no range continuous powers at range. So, if "No Range" only includes establishment, how much more would removing the ability to maintain at range be worth?

Third, such a power can normally be targetted on another player, an inanimate object/location, or one's self. How much of a limitation is it to ONLY be able to target it on one's self?

Or would it be easier/legal to just buy a AoE Damage Shield, and say that anyone getting within the AoE range of the Character takes the Damage (regardless of them having attacked him or not)?

What I am looking for with the construction is a way to make a damage shield like effect that does not require that the person harmed actually touches/attacks the character, just that they get close to him.

AoE Damage Shield seems cheesy, since DS normally requires that the person to be hit by it actually attacks the character.

And, unfortunately, Continuous AoE Uncontrolled gets pretty pricey, so I was fishing for opinions on how many lims I could cram onto it :)