Images again

badger3k

Question

I think I see how to do it, but then is this the correct way to do the Spell that I quoted (p178 FHG):

(A) Images to non-targetting sense (unusual group) (5 points), -4 PER rolls (12 points), Increased Size (250" radius, +2) [51 active points], OAF etc (-1 1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4), Requires skill roll (-1/2), limited effect (detect illusion only) (-1/4): 13.6 = 14 real points.

You wouldn't need to have an adder for the detect since that would be covered by the limited effect, right? If I choose to use an unusual sense that has no other component (such as a detect that works with the sight group) I have to use the limited effects, since you can't use the unusual group as a whole group in that manner.

(B) The other way would be non-targeting (5 pts), detect illusions(+3 pts), -4 PER rolls (+12 pts), increased size (+2 multiplier) = active points 60.

From what I understand, A is correct rather than B. Have I got it?

1 answer to this question

The correct way to do the spell in the FHG is as written in the FHG. I chose to use the "Nontargeting Group" cost on the grounds that a Fantasy setting could have multiple forms of Detect Illusions, and that seems reasonably like a "group" to me. If you wanted to add in Limited Effects, you can save 1 point off the cost, IIRC. ;)