Question about Gestures?

Ragdoll

Hi. :) I was working on developing a character that can generate telekinetic 'blades' to damage things. But I'd like her powers to be 'restrainable' to an extent. The way I conceptualized it, was she can hurl or generate the blades from her hands and feet, but no other places. She also would have to use her arms or legs to point at the target and aim.

Would gestures be appropriate for a power like this, to simulate if she is entangled or held, the power wouldn't work, since she can't aim the power? Or would this be something else? She could fire it...just not at what she might want?

Any help you can give, would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Ragdoll.

Yep

I would say you are right on with using gestures. Usually with gestures the character just can't use the power at all if restrained. Instead it sounds like you will have this character's powers shooting off in random directions if restrained. That sounds just as bad as not working to me. Allies could be hit and such.