Help-Create-A-Hero 2.4: Name that...team?

winterhawk

OK, I used my tiebreaker vote to go with the 'Channeling Dead Heroes' option, because I came up with the following. This is just the creative shot in the arm I needed, because I would've never come up with this concept on my own:

Changer crouched behind the remnants of the shattered building. "You have powers, you should join the Good Guys, get an action figure deal. Make some dough. What was I thinking?"

The Good Guys were currently getting their heads handed to them by Mechanon. Runner was the first to fall. He sped at the mechanical monster, spouting off some witty repartee, and hammered Mechanon with a hundred blows in the span of seconds. Runner abpruptly fell to his knees, clutching his head.

“Neural systems are so…inefficientâ€, stated Mechanon flatly. Automated phone systems showed more emotion.

“Runner…No!†Smasher lumbered forward and rocked Mechanon with a punch that would have felled small buildings. The blow actually rocked the robot back on its heels before regaining its balance. Mechanon responded with a blast of energy that hurtled the strongman backwards, smashing through several buildings.

Blazer was next. She poured on the heat. The concrete buckled around Mechanon from the stress, but the robot didn’t seem to be affected. It answered back with an erruption of energy that knocked Blazer from the sky.

Fighter bounded over to Changer’s position, dodging several energy bursts. “Dammit, they should’ve listened to me instead of charging in there individually.â€

“What do we do now?â€

“Whatever we can to stop that thing.†Fighter’s voice had a dire tone. He snatched a weapon from his arsenal belt.

Changer swallowed hard. “Join the The Good Guys…it’ll be a hoot.†He formed his hands into gigantic spiked maces.

The heroes emerged from their cover and rushed towards Mechanon. The robot’s shoulder plate slid forward and a missle rack sprung up.

“Detonation should eliminate 99.8% of organic life in a 500 meter radius. Most efficient."

There was a bright flash and a roaring in Changer’s ears. “Join The Good Guys…it’ll be the last thing you ever do.â€

Changer awoke surprised to be alive. Mechanon’s missle had destroyed his teammates. It was only his metamorphic form that had saved him, and the explosion seemed to have robbed him of that. It was when he was remembering his fallen comrades that he realized that he could change into them and use their powers, even take on some of their personality traits. The explosion must have mixed some of their DNA with his and when he reconstitued himself, incorporated it into himself. Dedicating himself to their memory, he continues to fight evil to this day as The Good Guy, the one man superteam!

So I figure our hero took the superteam's name as his new codename, so anyone have a team name that could also be a codename. And how about some real names for Changer (our metamorph), Runner (speedster), Smasher (Brick), Blazer (Fire EB), and Fighter (Weaponsmaster)? (BTW, the rest of the team was made from the runner-ups from the first poll)

Guest WhammeWhamme

The Good Guy = The Incorporated Guardians

The Good Guys = Guardians, Incorporated

Changer = ProTeam

Runner = E-man

Smasher = The Corporate Giant

Blazer = Paperwork (Creates burning sheets/mountains of paper)

Fighter = Gordion

The Team was The Brave Battalion

Changer - Adapter now Battalion

Runner - Bolt (Speedster with Electricity Generation)

Smasher - Bruiser (Former Pro Wrestler with a PD Drain Punch)

Blazer - Phoenix (Flying Fire Projector)

Fighter - Ace (Former PRIMUS Close Combat Training Officer)

How about the SUICIDE SQUAD (one of my favorite comics). It certainly fits in this instance, because that is just what these guys did.:D

Alternatively, you could call him RESURRECTION FORCE, as he is his teammates, reborn.

PHOENIX would be good for the Flying Energy Projector, since that also has overtones of resurrection.

THE HIGHLANDER would be good for the fighter. His primary weapon could be a huge Claymore.

HERMES could be the runner. In Greek mythology, Hermes guided the dead on their journey to the underworld. He was the only immortal who could enter and leave Hades freely.

I can't think of a good name for the brick or the shape-shifter right now. I was trying to think of something associated with death, defeating death, defying death (perhaps unsuccessfully) or resurrection. Perhaps something with a mythological tone. Leonidas might work for the brick. (Leonidas was the Spartan commander at Thermopylae. When the Greek army had been outflanked by a much larger Persian force, he and 300 of his companions held the passes against the entire Persian army while the rest of the Greek army made good its escape. A very heroic and death defying figure. Could also work for the fighter.)

As an aside, your character's secrect ID could be "Audie Murphy". (Audie Murphy was a real-life hero, and the most decorated soldier in U.S. history. His story is told in the book - and movie - To Hell and Back)

Hope this helps.

I had a charater whose original power was like the one that changer picked up. She had the ability to absorb the memories of dead people and their powers, if they were supers. I called her Necrophage (eater of the dead, although she didn't actually eat anyone). The difference her is that changer only has the combined powers of his former team mates with no ability to 'add new abilities'. I won't try to name him or the team since I can't do any better than those before me athough my vote would go with 'The Incorporated' (INC) esp. if his former team were corporate sponsored. I would also make him kind of dark given his new found abilities came at the cost of his friends (or at least collegues). You might even give him a kind of schizophenia where the voices of his former team-mates whisper in his ears offering him advice or council (or just a good joke) (either an actual side effect of the process of merging or a guilt related psychological problem). He might also find himself refering to himself in the plural if he's not careful.