Near Future SF campaigns

Qamar

I would love to run a near future sci-fi campaign (comparable to Transhuman Space), but don't actually have the time or energy to develop all the background stuff. Does anybody happen to have such a campaign on the web or background notes they can post here?

Re: Near Future SF campaigns

Originally posted by Qamar

I would love to run a near future sci-fi campaign (comparable to Transhuman Space), but don't actually have the time or energy to develop all the background stuff. Does anybody happen to have such a campaign on the web or background notes they can post here?

I don't know anything about Transhuman Space, but I ran a pre-ftl campaign for several years and the background docs are in the "Solar Colonies" link in my sig.

Keith "Mr. Helpy-Guy" Curtis

Re: Re: Near Future SF campaigns

Originally posted by keithcurtis

I don't know anything about Transhuman Space, but I ran a pre-ftl campaign for several years and the background docs are in the "Solar Colonies" link in my sig.

And when is the Solar Colonies e-book coming out, anyway?

BC

egging you on, in a soft-boiled sort of way

Re: Re: Re: Near Future SF campaigns

Originally posted by bcholmes

And when is the Solar Colonies e-book coming out, anyway?

BC

egging you on, in a soft-boiled sort of way

Just as soon as they become profitable.:D

Seriously, The Solar Colonies is the first time I have designed a campaign for the express purpose of telling one story from begining to end. (Modified by the actions of PCs of course.) The campaign was designed with a specific beginning, middle and end and covered a period of approx. 20 years during which humanity recovered it's lost homeworld, fought off an insidious invasion and emerged as an FTL culture.

I have never run any game I felt more satisfied with. It was painful to end it.

Keith "All good things" Curtis

PS. If I were to publish an e-book, it would be Savage Earth. I have a lot more artwork for it. :)