2nd Grab follow-up

SirViss

Question

I'm being dense I know. I got to buy off: Density Increase, Always On :D

your answer to my last question was:

"In the case of using Grab or Grab By to try to snatch a weapon or Focus, normal Grab rules apply re: using STR to oppose the attack."

So here is how see it now:

When Grabbing an opponent, the opponent is the one that chooses to exert himself to try to break free, so he has to use the free action of using Casual Strength.

When Grab action is to grab a focus, instead of "Squeezing" or "Throwing", you can "Wrench" in that same phase, and this requires a Str vs STR contest roll. Since the action is actualy initiated by the attacker, the defender gets to use his full STR.

Is this right?

P.S. If a Grabbed opponent exerts himself to break free, he would have to spend END, but you only ever have to pay END for STR once oer phase. Would this END be counted as having been paid in the previous phase (if he used his STR then), or on the next phase (thus not having to pay END for STR in that next phase)?

1 answer to this question

As I said: the standard Grab rules apply. The standard Grab rules don't let the victim immediately apply his full STR, they let him apply his Casual STR. If that prevents the attacker from taking the object away, in later Phases the contest between the two characters involves the victim's full STR.

If the victim of a Grab has to use his STR to resist in a Segment in which he doesn't have a Phase, he pays the normal END cost for his STR that Segment. It's not "assigned" to one of his Phases.