LBO Questions

JmOz

Question

I expect the answer will be "I am away from my personal library, ask again later" but I have a few questions about Limited Buy Offs and MP

A character has an OIF, and range based on STR, can he use OAF to buy off the Range based on STR lim? (at -1/2)

Okay assuming yes (and I can not see why not) If the same character has a MP, where the whole MP is an OIF (A UT Belt) where some slots have the same lim (lets use Range based on Str again), but not all of them, how do you figure out the LBO Active point value for the buy off?

EXAMPLE

50 UT Belt (75Point Reserve)

5u Jets: 25" Flight Red End 0

3u Blast Pellets: 8d6 EB Explosion, OAF, Range Based on Str

3u Shock Pellets: 4d6 RKA, OAF, Range Based on Str

3u Gas pellets: 6d6 EB, OAF, Range Based on Str

Then the character buys a Slingshot, a OAF that removes the Range Based on Str lim.

Now with out the Range based on limitation the three pellets would each cost 4 points.

So would the Slingshot be based on 3 points OAF= (3/2=1.5=1 point), or would each slot would have to pay individualy (Costing 3 points as a minimum cost would be 1 point)

Or be based on the actual difference in point cost (4 per slot so 8 points)

Does this question make any sense at all?

1 answer to this question

Sure, with the GM's permission, a character could buy off a Limitation on a Focus as you describe. If he wanted to do it for multiple Multipower slots or the like, he'd either have to buy the buy-off as a Multipower itself (one slot per slot bought off), or get the GM's permission to apply the buy-off to all of the slots as it is.