What I liked about Alien Wars

KawangaKid

I really liked the standard equipment diagram for an Alien Wars grunt. I liked a lot of the gear and vehicles and I especially liked the Xenovores.

I especially liked the section that detailed the type of information humanity gets about the "alien aggressors" as the years drag on, and how the tension builds as you find out more.

I was somewhat at a loss when trying to anticipate how to make the threat of the Xenovores a fresh one throughout a campaign. The genetic diversity and the threat of them evolving to something tougher makes it a battle against time - trying to eradicate enough of them to prevent them from becoming too tough.

Because of my fondness for mecha, I was looking for a place to insert them... and Operation Guillotine in particular makes a great place the first and last appearance of mecha into the "pre-Terran Empire" era.

It also allows me to set up the discovery of these mecha for my Terran Empire campaign...