END question

Eodin

Question

Steve,

I have a question on END, specifically mixing Increased and Reduced END. I know the rules state you can't have both in the same power, and on the surface that seems obvious. Applying 1/2 END and x3 END just doesn't make any sense.

But, using the train model, it takes a LOT of energy (END) to get the thing started, but much less to maintain its speed. Similarly, I have spells that are CONTINUOUS that as converted to HERO should cost x3 END only during the casting phase (the initially high effort) and 1 END per turn (maintenance) thereafter to maintain.

From a rules standpoint, should this be a Reduced Endurance advantage with a GM fiat that the first phase costs extra END, or is there something else based on your rulings that makes sense?

1 answer to this question

You could probably achieve that effect by structuring a power so that you've got a small one that "runs things," and a larger, more END-costly one that Links to it in subsequent Segments, or the like. Otherwise you should just negotiate a deal with the GM to apportion the END as necessary to achieve the special effect. ;)