Planetbusters

AmadanNaBriona

Originally posted by Snarf

Where did you find that? I think I'm totally not understanding the destroying objects rules or something.

Keep in mind I'm just pulling numbers out of my ass here.

Okay, take a copy of FRED, and turn to page 304... Under WALL BODY, it specifies that you blow a man-sized hole in a wall if you exceed its Body, with the hole double in size for each +1 Body inflicted on the wall... On the previous page, the rules specify that an object that takes more damage than it has Body is broken...

And, look at the Object Body Table at the top of page 304...

Note that for objects massing 800 grams or more, each doubling of mass increases Body by 1... A hex is 6.92820 cubic meters of volume, to 5 decimal places, or almost 7 cubic meters, and thus a hex of stone masses about 38 Metric Tons... This is closer to 50 tons than 25 tons, so a hex of stone has 16 Body and a DEF of 5 or 6...

Thus, two hexes would each be 16 Body, but both of them together in one chunk would be 17 Body, looking at the masses on the table... An attack that can destroy a 16 Body chunk will blow away half the larger chunk, but the other half is also 16 Body, not 1 Body... So to destroy something with 17 Body, it takes two shots if each destroys 16 Body... That's because each damage class is a doubling of destructive potential, but inflicts +1 Body damage on average...

You see what I mean...?