Group Liason as PC

BoneDaddy

Has anyone tried it? It could make for some interesting role-playing to have a PC be the (somewhat nefarious government agency of choice) liason as well as a superhero assigned full time to a team as a member. It could be a reasonable condition to grant sovereign immunity to the group, while still allowing them to act as a quasi-NGO.

As for the role-playing opportunities, there will be an inevitable conflict where the PC sees something that he is duty bound to the gov't to report, but duty bound to the team not to. Can he turn a blind eye? Can he avoid the Agency's mentalists long enough to keep the secret? Can he be constrained as a Psych Lim and Watched by the same group, and have a Public ID, and NOT freak out?

Would he wear tights, or a suit?

with friends like these.............

Sounds like a fun idea.........

That being said, your liason should probably be an experienced player with a thicker skin.......it's just a game, but players do have a tendency to get PERSONAL.

Any possibility of it being a PBEM game........:D

That would present the easiest way to "separate" the players, and not cause a great conflict.

It would almost certainly be a PBEM game. I was planning on playing him straight - a dedicated superhero, a conscientious civil servant, and all around boy scout. The agency can be nefarious and invasive on its own. And everyone can have fun watching him inevitably become more and more withdrawn and secretive, depending on what is required of him. It could be a showstopper with the wrong group. I was planning on a brick.

recruiting?

I once had an idea for a brick character, caught in such a dicotomy of purpose. He was part of a government tandem, similar to your scenario. Unfortunately for the agency, he was too ethical, and moraled. As a bad joke, his name was Everest, his partner was "Jennings".(At the time, I worked in a nursing home, and the idea of a couple of government legbreakers with those names struck me as funny) Anyway, he was a true "boyscout", brick with growth powers. In his final incarnation, he was quite powerful, topping out at 100 STR when fully "grown".

I would be interested in hearing more about the PBEM, and the scenario.