Force Wall resisting Knockback follow-up

SirViss

Question

Sorry about that.

Okay, a character has a AoE Flash that does knowback. At one point, he uses the Flash against a group of "bad guys".

In the same area as the effect of the Flash is also a Force Wall. Does the Force Wall suffer any direct effects from the knockback of the attack?

The reason I ask is, if a character was knockback into the Force Wall he might do enough damage to it for it to go down. But what if there is no character being knocked back into it?

Positing that most attacks like this would be caused by a pressure wave, repulsor beam, or some such:

- Would there be an effect on the Force Wall? I know that you have to exceed the Def of the Wall before it goes down, but I am assuming that the knockback would try to "push" the Wall. Since a Force Wall is generally immobile, I was wondering if the knockback of the attack would turn into damage for the Force Wall.

Never mind how the "damage" would be caslculated. Thinking on it, it would probably have to be judged on a case by case basis, depending on the power construct. :D

1 answer to this question