END Reserve followup

JmOz

Question

Okay, I found it (BTW I LOVE YOUR INDEXES, HOW GREAT 5th IS FOR JUST HAVING THEM), Dark Champions it is, pg 32.

Okay a few issues come up from it:

1) It is 4th edition, so the legality of it is questionable

2) It advises that personal END (-1/2) be taken for this kind of construct, valid for what Dark Champions was talking about, but it raises the queston of if it can be used for this without said limitation (maybe for something similar but different such as a character who wants to include holding his breath for a GL type FF Oxygen scrubbers F/x). AND IF so whether or not the character can do the following things:

2.a) Recover END from the END Reserve while holding your breath

2.B) recover normaly while holding your breath being powered by END Reserve

---MY Take on this---

I would say that while by a strict rules interpretation that you could recover END Reserve END but you could not have normal recoveries HOWEVER do to game balance I would switch them, in other words your END Reserve will NOT recover but normal END/STUN will.

---END of my take---

3) Another problem I have is the "Value" of certain natural abilities that cost END, only one I can think of right now that is not a power is holding your breath, I also think there is something about end lost in certain tempertures...

I am thinking that this idea might be easier to just use life support extended breathing and a recoverable charge,

1 answer to this question