Code of Conduct Limitations followup

Wanderer

Question

Whether any given Limitation is appropriate is up to the GM. For some GMs and some campaigns, what you're describing might be entirely acceptable (though an "unbreakable" Psychological Limitation, if it's any sort of Disadvantage at all, is usually represented as a Physical Limitation or the like so that it can't be overridden with Mind Control). For others it won't be.

Whoops, I hadn't thought about the Mind Control loophole. Well, I'd guess that a Very Common/Total Psych Lim loosely translates to a All The Time/Fully Impairing Phys Lim, and a Common/Total one to a Frequently/Fully Impairing one.

Similarly, the appropriate value for a non-standard Limitation is for the GM to decide, since it depends on the circumstances of the campaign. The Limited Power Limitation offers some useful guidelines, but ultimately it's up to the GM to decide.

well, for the first Lim, we have a standard (OIHID) rule; for the second, there is an analogous standard Lim (Only When Serving the God's Purpose), of similar scope, so I guess the same value (-1/2) would be appropriate (since the constraints that a Com or Very Com Code would give are similar to the ones any typical fantasy god would impose). For the third, I'm more undecided, and I found the Limited Power Limitation guidelines somewhat vague in scope (I hope the new Fred will give more extensive help for this rule, and incorporate the new modifiers from books like FH, NH, TUV, Champ, and UNSD, as HD is currently doing). I'd guess that not having normals around to witness your actions is somehow as probable as finding yourself into darkness, hence -1/2.

1 answer to this question