Looking for artist for Global Guardians PBEM game

Guest modrogon

Guest Worldmaker

Re: Looking for artist for Global Guardians PBEM game

Awesome! Somebody get this guy the descriptions for the other Prime 8s!

Cyberangutan's Appearance: Mostly covered with polished metal, the few patches of hair on Cyberangutan are of a red-orange hue. Most of the time, he wears some sort of bright colored sweatshirt and sweat pants. On missions, Cyberangutan wears a set of small tights that cover his entire body except for the head and his cybernetic arms.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyberangutan's Appearance: Mostly covered with polished metal' date=' the few patches of hair on Cyberangutan are of a red-orange hue. Most of the time, he wears some sort of bright colored sweatshirt and sweat pants. On missions, Cyberangutan wears a set of small tights that cover his entire body except for the head and his cybernetic arms.[/quote']

You forgot my favorite part!

Here's a quote from one of your old turns:

Achilles glanced quickly up at the evil genius from the deck below' date=' then returned his attention to Cyberangutan. His opponent was stronger than he was, just as fast, and equipped with an array of implanted weaponry. Among that weaponry was apparently a set of extendable claws that dripped. something. that something being a noxious blue in color. Getting cut with those would likely be a bad thing.[/quote']Please don't forget the claws spurting blue fluid!

Heh, down boy, Down Rob. I'm sure Mangog will be sure to include the claws. Just be glad Achilles isn't here, I'm sure he'd have something to say about those claws...

Although that reminds me, We should see about getting descriptions for Bushbaby, Howler, Spider, Monkeyshines, Kong and Dr. Simian available for Mangog.

I wonder if Mangog could do a comission of Tachyon beating the tar out of Spider....

Thanks' date=' I only need Bushbaby. I found the other Prime 8s on the site.[/quote']

If you happen to do Kong, he's got a twin brother (also called Kong) who's a member of a team called the Heroes of Filmland (not yet on the site). He's got the exact same physical description except that instead red shorts with black stripes, he wears blue shorts with yellow stripes. You could have two images for the price of one!

Guest Worldmaker

Thanks' date=' I only need Bushbaby. I found the other Prime 8s on the site.[/quote']

Bushbaby would best be described as the mutant offspring of an orangutan and Sabretooth from Marvel Comics.

Here arethe color versions I did of brass monkey and cerebellum.

Nothing personal, Brian, but I think they're both a little bland. The armor looks very good, but there's very little variety of color in the monkey itself. And I'd personally like to see a little more zip in Cerebellum, even if it was just adding some color to his tie.

I do like the gradiant technique you use. What process do you go through to create it?

Guest Worldmaker

Here arethe color versions I did of brass monkey and cerebellum.

Are these sized appropriately?

Guest modrogon

Nothing personal' date=' Brian, but I think they're both a little bland. The armor looks very good, but there's very little variety of color in the monkey itself. And I'd personally like to see a little more zip in Cerebellum, even if it was just adding some color to his tie.[/quote']

I did the coloring at work (shhh....) so I did not spend time doing much in detail. Mangog did a better job with the chimp and the robot. I did a seach on the web for chimps. I found pictures that were only one color. So, I did my chimp as one color.

I do like the gradiant technique you use. What process do you go through to create it?

I use Paint Shop Pro 7. But, any program will work that uses layers. For layer one, you do the base color. For the second layer, you do a darker color then use guassian blur/ blur arverage. For the third layer, you do a lighter color then use guassian blur/ blur arverage.

If you dont use layers, the base color will mix with the darker/ light color and will also show some of the background white.

I use Paint Shop Pro 7. But, any program will work that uses layers. For layer one, you do the base color. For the second layer, you do a darker color then use guassian blur/ blur arverage. For the third layer, you do a lighter color then use guassian blur/ blur arverage.

If you dont use layers, the base color will mix with the darker/ light color and will also show some of the background white.

I do use layers (in PhotoShop). So do the portions you want light and dark just depend on your selections, or do you automate that in some way?

Guest modrogon

I do use layers (in PhotoShop). So do the portions you want light and dark just depend on your selections' date=' or do you automate that in some way?[/quote']

Do the base color then select it. New layer then use a darker color and paint where you want it dark. Blur. You might need to change the blur strenght up or down. Try it. Do the same with a lighter color on a new layer. I could end up with over 20 base color layer with each have its own dark/ light layer.

Here is my color version Doctor Simian. Is this any better or is it still flat?

Do the base color then select it. New layer then use a darker color and paint where you want it dark. Blur. You might need to change the blur strenght up or down. Try it. Do the same with a lighter color on a new layer. I could end up with over 20 base color layer with each have its own dark/ light layer.

Here is my color version Doctor Simian. Is this any better or is it still flat?

No, this one looks great. Lots of variety. I would suggest cleaning up the few stray pixels that seem to exist outside of the character's outline, but overall, it looks very nice.

Are those claws fingertip or forearm?

The description I gave was the only one I have: "Among that weaponry was apparently a set of extendable claws that dripped. something. that something being a noxious blue in color."

I was picturing forearm claws, myself, but Jack's got the final say.

Guest Worldmaker

Are those claws fingertip or forearm?

Wolverine-style knuckle poppers, on the left hand only.