Near Star List

bcholmes

One of the things I loved about 2300AD was its list of near stars, and coordinate information. I discovered that Andy Brick transcribed that list into a file available from his 2300AD web site.

I also took note of his comments that some stars in that list were fictional, and that the data didn't mesh with real data from, say, the Gliese catalog (Gliese 2). Also, since the time GDW made that list, Gliese 3 has come out.

So I've merged some of the data from those sources together as a new Near Star List (Big HTML document!)

Re: Near Star List

Originally posted by bcholmes

One of the things I loved about 2300AD was its list of near stars, and coordinate information. I discovered that Andy Brick transcribed that list into a file available from his 2300AD web site.

I also took note of his comments that some stars in that list were fictional, and that the data didn't mesh with real data from, say, the Gliese catalog (Gliese 2). Also, since the time GDW made that list, Gliese 3 has come out.

So I've merged some of the data from those sources together as a new Near Star List (Big HTML document!)

Thank you very, very much for this!

However, to follow Aroooo's idea, could you do this as something people could download? Bugger .pdf, well-arranged .txt would be more useful (particularly for those who want to tinker with it. ;) )

--

A University without students is like an ointment without a fly.

Re: Re: Near Star List

Originally posted by BasilDrag Thank you very, very much for this!However, to follow Aroooo's idea, could you do this as something people could download? Bugger .pdf, well-arranged .txt would be more useful (particularly for those who want to tinker with it. ;) )

There's an XML version. I'll try to put up a PDF version in a coupl'a weeks.