DCV Mod's II

Hugh Neilson

Question

Following from Javed's question, I looked at the checklist. I'd like to get you to confirm an example.

The Mighty Lump is swarmed by Mechanon's Robots of Doom. Lump has a DCV of 6 at the best of times. In a desparate attempt to clear them, off, he attempts a Sweep on 3 Robots, smashinmg them all into fragments.

Three more Robots half move in, and Lump is again surrounded by 6 Robots. They all attack, using their Teamwork program (21-) to co-ordinate and Multiple Attack. I calculate Lump's DCV as follows:

(a) Apply modifiers to DCV: Multiple Attackers subtract 1 for each attacker beyond the first, which would be 5, but can't reduce Lump below half his DCV (perhaps better stated "The modifier cannot exceed half the defender's DCV before the Multiple Attacker modifier"). As such, the subtraction is three, and he has a 3 DCV.

(B) Lump used Sweep last phase, so he is also at half DCV. Halving is the last step, so we take his modified 3 DCV and halve it, which is 1.5.

© Rounding is always in the character's's favour, so Lump has a 2 DCV. [Lump is about to take some serious namesakes...]

Is that correct :D , or do I need to scurry back to my books and study harder :( ?

Thanks

1 answer to this question