Battlemech Sensor Arrays

shadowcat1313

Re: Battlemech Sensor Arrays

First thing is I don't believe that Can be Scaled Down can be applied to the first level on MegaScale since per the rules CbSD can only be scaled back to the first level itself.

Either way, since these are senses I would allow for the MS to mean that it can scan upto 1KM out for every inch it can sense. (ie, it can scan everything within that 1KM radies). You don't just perceive everything 1" away, you see all the bits in between as well. Saves some active point cost on the array and, IMO, makes more sense (no pun intended).

As for the array itself, looks pretty good - but then I forget all that a mech can detect so I'll have to go with you expertise on this one.

Re: Battlemech Sensor Arrays

again, I'm just going from what I've found in the various books and novels and taking a wild ass guess on the maximum range stuff. since there not really covered. I figure the AA mechs like the Riflleman and Galahad are going to have better/longer ranged radar though

one of the novels talks about a couple of remote sensors which were pretty much a cam of sorts attached to a wall by a fiberoptic cable attached to the mech. but it only shows up that once in all the books etc. so I didnt bother with it.

I'm really no expert on this, just a really odd memory for trivia and such

and a pretty fair reference library

I was also one of the playtesters on Mechwarrior 2nd edition, but after the way it turned out... I'm almost glad I am listed in special thanks instead

course I feel the same way about the work we did for Imperium Games on Pocket Empires and Imperial Squadrons..