Did I make this up?

BoneDaddy

Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anomaly

There was a thread going on a while back (well before the board change) about using "excess" strength to throw something a really long way...the old "I'll throw this baseball into orbit!!!" ploy. As it stands right now, a brick with a STR less than 100 can't do that (based on the given throwing ranges); he can't even come close! Yet this is a fairly common "stunt" in comic books, at least with small objects.

Perhaps an optional rule for converting "excess" STR into increased range instead of increased damage...?

This rule in fact exists. For each 1d6 of damage sacrificed, a thrower can gain an additional inch of distance. With a running throw, a 50 Str brick could throw someone 42" (just over 250 feet), and not hurt them a bit. In the alternative, I guess they could just throw them straight up one quarter as high, and let gravity worry about the damage...

I posted this a week ago (or so) in your Ultimate Brick thread. I've been trying to find it in FREd, where I would SWEAR I read it. I can't find it. Is it the product of my sleep deprived and disordered mind, or yours?;)

1 answer to this question