Extra Dimensional Movement cost

GamePhil

Question

My understanding from the book is that it is 20 for 1 place/dimension, 25 for anyplace in 1 dimension, 30 for any place/group of dimension, and 40 for any place/dimension. 60 for any place/dimension plus time travel.

Is that correct so far?

The FAQ seems to indicate either, if you only want time travel:

1. that it's five points less for "only through time" (making Dr. When's last Power 55 points).

or

2. that you only have to pay for the "any place" part of it if, costing 5 points (making it 45).

It looks like 2 to me, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer to this question

Re: Extra Dimensional Movement cost

On a quick review, it looks like you've got it correct for normal dimensional travel. Time travel's going to cost 40, 50, or 60 points depending on how much time the character wants to travel through; Sidekick summarizes this nicely (and the DH article I wrote on the subject does the same, in greater detail).

XDM has always been a little confusing to people because of how it's phrased, and because of the way time travel's factored in. I'm definitely putting an end to that in 5ER by phrasing things as clearly as I can; Sidekick does much the same with a handy quick-reference table for the cost.