Matrix Hovercraft

Being the Matrix geek that I am... has anyone done a writeup on the Hovercraft from the Matrix series? I might be able to do a decent writeup if I could figure out how do handle the Pads that allow them to fly.

How would you simulate losing flight ability through the loss of the pads? Buy X" of Flight with OIF once for each Pad? Would those individual Flight systems total up into one system?

Is there a disad that would simulate losing ability as the Pads take Damage/are destroyed? EDIT: Ablative comes to mind.. but doesn't that only take effect if you fail a dice roll?

becuase from watching the Matrix movies (Animatrix too) as far as I can tell losing 1-2 pads on a side doesn't hurt... but when you lose all of the pads on one side you lose your ability to turn well (so loss in turn mode?) and if you lose a set of bottom pads, you start dragging your butt (so to speak).

And near as I can tell... the pads can take a beating but it's the joint where the pads attach to the hovercraft that are vulnerable to attack. I mean... the pads can survive scraping the walls for long distances without getting ripped off but as soon as a sential touches it they blow up. I guess that'd be Heavy Armor and the Sentinals have Armor Pericing *shrug*

Any ideas?

Guest Kolava

Re: Matrix Hovercraft

Damaging the bulky array is the sort of thing the GM would keep in mind when using the Vehicle Damage chart, which you check whenever the vehicle takes BODY. If you want to make it substantially weaker, though, then Hawksmoor has the right idea.

• 4 weeks later...