Anime based games, have you done one?

animemun001

Guest Major Tom

Re: Anime based games, have you done one?

Which reminds me, how does anyone's group get around Insta Change? The Transformation version just will not work for Lady Heart (using Tansformation will only make him a guy in a pritty dress with magical girl type superpowers). I'm using Shape Change for him/her (with all the bells and whistels of the MG style), and say that his/her clothing changes when s/he changes.

So don't bug him about that short firlly white dress with small red 'herats' floating around it in a patern. Not unless you want some heart shaped magical blast in your face ("love energy" my arsh).

I don't know how another GM might get around the Instant Change dilemma in

his or her anime campaign, but when the GM of our group was doing the back-

ground work for his Saint Seiya-based campaign, he simply designed the

armor suits with the Limitation: Takes an extra phase to change into armor.

Considering that most of the 'transformation' sequences in a lot of anime shows

like Sailor Moon and Saint Seiya take about 2 to 3 seconds' worth

of screen time for some of the faster 'transformations', this wound up being

fairly close in terms of game time (Ronin Warriors has what could be the

longest sequence; at least 10 seconds).

Major Tom :cool:

Re: Anime based games, have you done one?

the costume change that keeps villians from attacking

Mind Control 12d6 (Insta-anime-change) 13" Radius, 13 Endurance

Area Effect: Radius+1, costs Endurance to activate +1/4, Link: Multiform/shape shifting -1/2, single command: Don't attack me while changing -1, No Range -1/2, no consious control -2

AC: 135 RC: 27

Personally I just take the Insta-change advantage over the Insta-anime-change power but on the plus side you cna change and not get attacked no matter how long the extra time is and its really great with multiform considering the 'kid form' is the one changing and losing strength and it show a more realistic reason for the kid to be tired after battle when they change back.

Currently I'm running a campaign by table top of a bunch of magical girls. Each was chossen by a god or a single patheon to try and save the world but oddly enough the big cosmic voice that holds sway over the world doesn't like this and is sending angels,priests and nuns to stop these magical girls before they can save the world from the coming of all the dark gods. After all thats his job not theres.

This is defiantly an anime Comedy with a bit of Drama. I got the idea for it from reading the webcomic Sparkling generation valkyrie yuuki and added the question "If there was one patheon that needed a hero why don't the others?"