Monetary costs of sectional armor?

arcady

Re: Monetary costs of sectional armor?

I dont know if that is in the book.

One way to handle it would be to divide the mass of the sectional part by the mass of a full suit of that type, then multiply by the price of the full suit.

Example :

A chain coif (DEF 6) masses 3.15 kg.

A full suit of chain armor masses 20.0 kg

A full suit of chain armor costs 150 sp.

Therefore : (3.15/20)*150 = 23.625 sp.

The sectional weight chart values are also pretty much based on the chances of each location getting hit on a 3d6 roll, rather than any actual piece of armor. Plate boots, in reality, would mass more than 0.18 kg for a pair. But 40 kg * 1/216 is the character's chance of getting hit there, so that's what they weigh.

0.09 kg (3 1/6 oz) per boot is probably less than plain old leather boots weigh in reality.

I was merely offering a quick solution using the information that is presented in the FH sourcebook. While Time = Money in the real world, in HERO system Points (or money) = Value. And armor that covers a location that only gets hit 1 time in 216 is worth 1/216th of full coverage armor :)

And armor that covers a location that only gets hit 1 time in 216 is worth 1/216th of full coverage armor :)

I guess you have never come across the "Whack The Hand Disarm Maneuver." Since that dark day, I always wear gauntlets.

I guess you have never come across the "Whack The Hand Disarm Maneuver." Since that dark day' date=' I always wear gauntlets.[/quote']

If your opponent could take the -6 OCV mod and still reasonably expect to hit, then retaining a weapon in your hand was probably less than entirely a good idea anyway. :)

If your opponent could take the -6 OCV mod and still reasonably expect to hit' date=' then retaining a weapon in your hand was probably less than entirely a good idea anyway. :)[/quote']

6 PSL .... 9 cps. The look on the character's when he loses his arm ... priceless. :bmk: