CHAR: Adricht Poole

Enforcer84

This is a sample character for my Suikoden HERO world. Let me know what you think...Adricht PoolePlayer: NPC

Val Char Cost
10 STR 0
11 DEX 3
9 CON -2
10 BODY 0
18 INT 8
18 EGO 16
13 PRE 3
12 COM 1
3 PD 1
3 ED 1
2 SPD 0
4 REC 0
20 END 1
20 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM02" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 32
Cost Skill
3 +1 with Swords
3 AK: Lake Castle 12-
3 Analyze: Combat 13-
3 Bribery 12-
3 Bureaucratics 12-
3 Cryptography 13-
3 Deduction 13-
3 High Society 12-
3 Linguist
1 1) Language: Karayan (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 2) Language: Kobold (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
0 3) Language: Outlandic (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
2 4) Language: Tradespeak (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
3 PS: Strategist 13-
3 Persuasion 12-
3 Scholar
2 1) KS: Harmonian Politics (3 Active Points) 13-
2 2) KS: Heraldry (3 Active Points) 13-
2 3) KS: Local Lore (The Grasslands) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 4) KS: Local Politics (3 Active Points) 13-
2 5) KS: Lore (Harmonia) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 6) KS: Military Insignea & Colors (3 Active Points) 13-
3 7) KS: Military Strategy (4 Active Points) 14-
2 8) KS: Military World (3 Active Points) 13-
5 Tactics 14-
1 WF: Blades
Skills Cost: 63
Cost Perk
2 Reputation: Trained at the Silverberg Academy in Seika (A small to medium sized group) 14-, +2/+2d6
2 Strategist of Lake Castle
3 Well-Connected
8 1) Contact: Duck Village (Contact has useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (x3) (9 Active Points) 11-
2 2) Contact: Karayan Warrior (Hodge) (Good relationship with Contact) (3 Active Points) 11-
11 3) Contact: Zexen Knights (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has very useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (x3) (12 Active Points) 8-
1 4) Favor: The Zexen Council (2 Active Points)
Perks Cost: 29
Cost Talent
6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
3 Absolute Time Sense
17 Danger Sense (self only, out of combat, Function as a Sense, Intuitional) 13-
Talents Cost: 26
Cost Equipment END
Potch16 Sword, Short: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); Independent (-2), OAF (-1), STR Minimum (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) [Notes: Body 5, Def 5, Length M] 0
Potch6 Boots, Soft Leather: Armor (1 PD/1 ED) (3 Active Points); Independent (-2), Mass (Normal; -1), OIF (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4) [Notes: protects 18; also known as soft, normal boots, .44 lbs, 6 gp] 0
Potch8 Vest, Soft Leather: Armor (1 PD/1 ED) (3 Active Points); Independent (-2), Mass (Normal; -1), OIF (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4) [Notes: protects 10-13, 3.57 lbs, 8 gp] 0
Water Rune: Multipower, 25-point reserve, (25 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)
Potch800u 1) Healing BODY 2d6+1 (23 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 2
Potch500 Wasp Rune: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, Trigger (Sword Strike does Body; +1/4), Lingering up to 1 Turn (+1/2) (26 Active Points); OIF (Any Sword ; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) 3
Equipment costs shown above are for reference only, and are not included in Total Cost.
Val Disadvantages
15 Hunted: The Cowled Society (An assassins guild) 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
10 Psychological Limitation: Arrogant (Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Disdain for "Political Baffoons" (Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Has a crush on Mamie (Common, Moderate)
20 Psychological Limitation: Loyal to Lord Thomas (Common, Total)
5 Rivalry: Professional (Other Strategists; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
Disadvantage Points: 75

Base Points: 75Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 150

Height: 1.70 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 64.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Adricht is a little on the short side, with brown hair and eyes. He wears Harmonian fashions, pants a lightly armored vest, and a long white coat with blue trimming. An intricate design of a White Unicorn on a blue field is on the back. Adricht wears his hair slightly long and disheveled (He idolized Albert Silberberg). His general expression is one of cool arrogance. However, when he looks at his love, he gets sweaty and anxious.Personality: Adricht is a good strategist. He has a natural flair for the job. Although working with Cecile gets on his nerves (She's too excitable for him), he is in awe of her prowess in battle. He is respected by the knights and guards of the castle. He adores Mamie and eats at her cafe all the time. He has yet to summon the nerve to ask her out. Although he finds most nobility to be little more than glorified parasites, he respects Lord Thomas and has become tremendously loyal. Quote:"It's really simple, let me show you..."Background: The story of Adricht Poole began illustriously enough. The child of lower aristocracy, he was accepted by lady Apple, the headmistress and founder of the Silverburg Academy, a school for Military Strategists. Adricht spent his formative years learning there and proved to be more than capable. He was presented to the Harmonian court as a new strategist (a very important position). However, Adricht had been influenced by Apple's teachings and he held little love for petty bureaucrats who seeked personal gain over the safety of their country. Abricht was talented, arrogant, and often spoke ill of his "betters". Eventually he angered the wrong nobleman and found himself on the run. His inate ability to sense danger and avoid it served him well as he made his way to the Grasslands.

Adricht was on his way to the Brass Castle to seek employ with the Zexen Knights, when he was attacked by brigands. Although trained with a sword, he was far from a warrior and would have perished if not for the intervention of a young woman and her crew of warriors. After profusely thanking the woman for her assistance, Adricht, who had been injured in the skirmish fainted from his wounds.

He awoke with a young nobleman standing over him.

"It seems you fainted," The nobleman said.

"Yes," Adricht said with a condescending tone, "It appears to be so."

The nobleman reddened and stood.

"My name is Thomas, I am the current Lord of Lake Castle. If you need anything while you revcover from your wounds, please let me know."

With that the young Lord was gone. Adricht stared after him...had he said Lord Thomas? This was the Lord of Lake Castle? Adricht's mentor Apple had, along with Ceasar Silverberg, fought along side them in the Grasslands War. And Adricht had just insulted him....

"Stupid!" Adricht slapped his forehead. This illicited a giggle from his left. Turning he saw a beautiful young woman carrying a tray of food to him. She set it down. It smelled delicious.

"Don't be so hard on yourself," The young woman said, "Lord Thomas is so unlike the career politicians in Vinay Del Zexay, that most people mistaken him for help."

Adricht simply stared at her.

"I am Mamie, I am the head chef for Lord Thomas and I run the kitchen by the lake." She smiled and his heart leapt.

"I am Adricht, and...I need a job, do you know if the Lord of Lake Castle needs a strategist?"

"Ask him yourself in the morning, you've had a tough night. Eat this and then get some sleep. Mio will be keeping an eye on you."

"...So, even though the hostilities are over, there could always be attacks by brigands and the Council in Vinay Del Zexay cannot be trusted, I think you might require my services."

Adricht hoped his pitch was working. Lord Thomas and his captain, a young woman named Cecile, but often called the Steelhart, leader of the Knights of the Golden Stag. She was energetic, and obviously adored her Lord, and he her. Adricht wondered how long it would be before they were wed...

"I think he'd make a wonderful addition to the defense of Lake Castle, Sir Thomas." Cecile said winking at Adricht, her enthusiasm was...frightening.

"If my Captain thinks you're needed, who am I to argue?" Thomas said. He stood and offered his hand. Adricht took it.

"My castle and my people are very important to me. I trust you will come to see us as the extended family that we are and will help keep Lake Castle the free city it has become."

"I will do my best, Lord Thomas."

Powers/Tactics: Not a fighter, Adricht is the man behind the scenes. He has developed strategies to defend Lake Castle using its location, fortifications, and troopsize. He has helped develop a few "trap zones" near obvious assault points of the castle. If forced into hand to hand combat, he draws his "ceremonial sword" and fights for his life. He will fight only to defend himself, Lord Thomas, or Mamie.

Recently, he has begun wearing two runes, on his right hand he wears a Water Rune (to heal himself should he be struck in battle) and a Wasp Rune (that causes his sword strike to be poisonous). It should be noted that at this time Adricht has not studied Water Magic. He can only use the first slot of the MP. Once he gets 11- or better in KS: Water Magic, he can start using the second slot (and I'll add it to his character sheet).

Campaign Use: Adricht is an example character for my Suikoden HERO campaign world. His timeline is roughly eight years from the time of the end of Suikoden III. If you want to make him a complete sideline general, remove his WF and CSL. If you want to make him more imposing, give him a STR 13, DEX 14, CON 13, PRE 18, PD 4, ED4, SPD 3 and beef up his CSLs.