Assigning CSLs to increase DCs

bushido11

Question

Hello, Steve. I have a question concerning how CSLs can be assigned to increase the damage of certain attacks. Normally, the rules state that it takes 2 CSLs to increase the DC of an attack by 1 (for heroic campaigns) or the BODY of a killing attack by +1 or the STUN of a normal attack by +3 (for superheroic campaigns). Do the CSLs being assigned have to be related to a specific attack in some way or can you just assign any 2 CSLs about the 2-pt. to increase the DC of any attack?

For example, I have a character with 2 3-pt CSLs in Swords, Knives, and Axes and 2 3-pt CSLs in Pistols, Rifles, and SMGs. Can I use 2 of my 3-pt CSLs devoted to firearms to increase the damage of my sword attack? It doesn't say whether or not you can do it in the rules, so I wanted to get your input, Steve. Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Re: Assigning CSLs to increase DCs

I’m not sure whether the rulebook specifically addresses this issue, but it definitely answers it by implication at the very least: absolutely not. A character can only use a CSL to increase the damage of an attack to which that CSL applies. A character cannot, for example, use a CSL with Firearms to increas the damage he does with swords.

I'll definitely make sure this is clear in 5ER. ;)