Entangle as Armor

Eodin

Question

Steve,

Since a barrier can be represented as Force Wall (continous END) or Entangle with the Barrier advantage, is there [currently] a legal way to do the same with Force Field? That is, personal protection can be Force Field (continuous END) or Entangle (no movement/DCV restrictions) ?

{What I'm thinking about is a way of representing Trek shields, where each attack removes BODY until the shields are gone...}

1 answer to this question

Re: Entangle as Armor

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking, so I'm going to say "no."

If what you're asking is, "Is there a form of personal defense that could roughly analogize to placing an Entangle on one's self without suffering any DCV or like penalties, the same way Entangle roughly analogizes to Force Wall for the creation of barriers?" then the answer is "Ablative defenses."

Speakin' as a guy who knows a little bit about Trek gaming in general, and Trek starship gaming in specific :) , I'm pretty sure I could design Trek shields using Ablative with, at best, minor tweaks (if any tweaks are even necessary). But unfortunately I've never had the time to convert Spacedock to the HERO System. :(