Multiple Movement Powers (was: Activating/De-Activating Powers Follow-up)

Netzilla

Question

After reading your last answer, I did some checking in the FAQ, and on pg 38 of the pdf version, under the Movement Powers section, I found the following:

"Question: Can a character use two forms of movement in one Phase? If not, why can characters make running leaps?"

"Answer: If a character wanted to use two forms of movement in a Phase, he’d have to make a Half Move (defined, as always,

as using up to half one’s inches of movement in a Phase) with both, effectively ending his Phase. A “running leap†is just a Leap — making a Leap may involve some running, as discussed by the rules on 5E 21."

This, combined with your previous answer, leads me to a related question, perhaps best illustrated by an example:

A Speed 4 character has both Flight and Teleportation with no Limitations or Frameworks on either. On Phase 3, the character flies his full move distance. On Phase 6, he teleports his max teleport distance to bypass a skyscraper without having to fly around it.

My question is, does his Flight automatically deactivate on Phase 6 when he Teleports and thus does he immediately start to fall? If it does not, I'm assuming he gains no movement from the Flight as that would be taking 2 move actions, however, how much END does he pay for the Flight power? Is it the same as he paid in Phase 3, always based on his max Flight distance, just 1 or something else?

Thanks again & sorry for being a pest. I actually have a character that this will appy to once I've bought him his 'Wormhole Generation' Teleport power.

1 answer to this question

Re: Multiple Movement Powers (was: Activating/De-Activating Powers Follow-up)

No need to apologize. You're not being a pest, and even if you were, well, that's what the board's for. :hex:

If a character makes a Full Move with one of his Movement Powers, he can't use any of the others, effectively "de-activating" them. For example, characters with Running don't have their Running "active" every Phase they're on the ground -- it's only "active" and in use (and thus costs END) when they actually move along the ground.

In the example you describe, the character can't use his Flight, since he's spending a Full Phase to Teleport. That being the case, leaving it "on" is pointless -- it can't help him any. He can leave it on if he wants, paying the normal END cost, but he can't move or use it for anything else.