Character who can turn into a vehicle

DoctorItron

Question

Steve, I already posted elsewhere and checked the FAQ. Help!

I'm trying to create a character who is normally humanoid but can also transform into a biological spacecraft. The following ideas have been paraded around:

Extra Limbs; Life Support UBO or AoE: The extra limbs merely simulate the fact that the character can carry multiple people. The humanoid character already has a high STR, Flight, and a Force Field that protects carried objects.

Multiform into a Vehicle: Should a vehicle be given mental stats (Hero Designer doesn't seem to allow it), or do I need to create an AI to represent the character's mental stats when in vehicle form?

Please comment as to the "legality" of each build. Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Re: Character who can turn into a vehicle

Well, ultimately "legality" is really going to be a matter for the GM, of course. Personally, I think the easiest thing to do would be to Multiform into a Vehicle, but give the Vehicle all the other Characteristics it doesn't already have (including PD and ED instead of DEF). It isn't the sort of thing I'd put in book and recommend in general, but it seems to me like the best solution for what you're trying to create.

Sounds like an interesting character. Have fun!