Extra Extra Limbs

BobGreenwade

Question

Two related questions about the Extra Limbs Power:

1. I have a Champions character, The Creature, who has four arms and a tail. The two extra arms are fully manipulatory, but the tail has only limited manipulation. This costs the regular 5 points, right?

2. Suppose I have a Star Hero character from an alien species that already has Extra Limbs, but this individual has even more -- say, a four-armed Mon'dabi, or a six-armed character from the aliens with four arms (from the cover of TE; I don't recall their name). The Mon'dabi already spends (IIRC) 3 points for the tail; does this just upgrade the Extra Limbs to 5 points? The other guy already spends 5 points, and doesn't spend any more for the extra two arms, right?

1 answer to this question

For a character who has multiple Extra Limbs, some fully manipulable and some not, buy Extra Limbs for the normal 5-point cost and voluntarily restrict the less-manipulable limbs for no point cost. There are limits to the granularity of the system, and this is one.

Since Extra Limbs allows any number of limbs for 5 points, if you have a naturally multi-limbed species and want to add even more, just change the number of limbs without changing the cost of the power (unless manipulability changes, as noted above).