Weight Decrease

Killer Shrike

Question

Hey Steve; fractious players assaulting me with thier whacky character concepts again; a player wants to do the Gravity schtick and hit me 'which power lowers an opponents weight?" or something to that effect.

which leads me to:

Q: Is there a recommended way to decrease an opponents mass and only thier mass against thier will? This should be a real quantifiable reduction in mass, not a SFX handwave.

Q: Is it possible to use Shrinking UAA to decrease a targets mass?

If so and you dont want all of the other effects of Shrinking such as reduced size, PER penalty, and DCV bonuse specifically then:

Q: Is it appropriate to take a Limitation, "Mass Only (Mass and KB penalties only) -1/2", to depict , or is it a +/-0 or even an advantage in this case because it is an attack and essentially robs the target of potentially beneficial aspects of Shrinking such as the PER penalty and DCV Bonus?

Thanx Steve!

1 answer to this question

I don't think Shrinking should be necessary here. The question to ask is, "What effect does reducing someone's mass have?" Then create a power that simulates that. For example, if you want to carry the reduced-weight person around more easily, that's some sort of increased STR, Only For Lifting. If you're interested in doing extra KB, that would be some sort of naked Double Knockback Advantage UBO. And so on.

I suppose if you wanted to collapse it all into one power, you could sort of "reverse" Density Increase -- every 5 points halves mass and adds +1" to KB. Then make it UAA.