Character For Review (incomplete, suggestions welcome)

CrosshairCollie

Here's the guy ... he's a bit of a combination speedster/electrical type, focussing much more on the speed than the electricity. It's in the attachment as a Hero Designer file (since it's miraculously, if glitchily, working again). If anybody can tell me how to have it appear, well-formatted in the middle of a message, I'll happily arrange it. :)

Anyway, I've hit a bit of a roadblock on the Disadvantages. I'm blanking on good Hunted ideas, for example. Are there any good ancient mystical types that might have been mucking about in Japan (exact timeframe doesn't matter much)?

Beyond that, anything I'm obviously missing? Defenses too high? Inconsistencies?

Re: Character For Review (incomplete, suggestions welcome)

King Kitsune

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
30 DEX 60
23 CON 26
12 BODY 4
13 INT 3
11 EGO 2
20 PRE 10
14 COM 2
20 PD 7
20 ED 5
6 SPD 20
8 REC 0
46 END 0
32 STUN 0
24" RUN 0
2" SWIM 0
3" LEAP 0
Characteristics Cost: 144

Cost Power END
45 Hyper-Speed: Multipower, 45-point reserve
4u 1) Cruising: Running +18" (24" total), Reduced Endurance (Half END; +1/4) (45 Active Points) 2
4u 2) Overdrive: Running 15", Megascale (1" = 10 km; +1/2) (45 Active Points) 4
4u 3) Water Skimming: Flight 18", Reduced Endurance (Half END; +1/4) (45 Active Points); Only In Contact With A Surface (-1/4) 2
62 Thunder Kitsune Techniques: Multipower, 62-point reserve
6u 1) Dizzying Spin: Drain DEX 3 1/2d6, Delayed Return Rate (5 Points per Minute; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (61 Active Points) 0
4u 2) One-Two Thousand Punch: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 0
2u 3) Rapid Rip-Off: Telekinesis (15 STR), Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1 1/4), Selective Target (+1/4) (56 Active Points); Limited Power Only to Grab/Disarm (-1), No Range (-1/2) 6
3u 4) Sceptre Thunderbolt: Energy Blast 10d6, Reduced Endurance (Half END; +1/4) (62 Active Points); OAF Golden Power Staff (-1) 2
6u 5) Some Disassembly Required: Dispel 13d6, One Technological Device (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (Half END; +1/4) (58 Active Points) 2
4u 6) Super Sonic Fingersnap: Energy Blast 5d6, Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2), No Normal Defense (Sonic/Hearing Protection; +1) (62 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 6
4u 7) Whirlwind Attack: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Does x1 1/2 Knockback (+1/2), Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4) (62 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 6
14 Golden Armor: Armor (7 PD/7 ED) (21 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
5 Spirit Fusion: Mental Defense (7 points total) 0
Powers Cost: 167

Cost Skill
3 Acrobatics 15-
3 AK: Japan 12-
3 Breakfall 15-
4 Language: English (Japanese Native) (Completely Fluent, w/Accent; Literacy)
2 Navigation (Land) 12-
5 +1 with HTH Combat
3 Conversation 13-
3 Scholar
2 1) KS: Japanese Culture (3 Active Points) 12-
3 2) KS: Japanese History (4 Active Points) 13-
2 3) KS: Japanese Mythology (3 Active Points) 12-
Skills Cost: 33

Cost Talent
6 Combat Luck: 3 PD/3 ED
Talents Cost: 6

Val Disadvantages
10 Distinctive Features: Golden-Furred, Nine-Tailed Foxman Easily Concealed (via Multiform), Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
20 Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing Common, Total
15 Psychological Limitation: Takes His Responsibilities Seriously Common, Strong
15 Psychological Limitation: Will Never Break His Word Of Honor Common, Strong
5 Rivalry: Rivalry with Koji to become the dominant persona Professional (; Rival is Less Powerful; Rival is a Player Character; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
10 Vulnerability: 2x STUN Ice/Cold Attacks Uncommon
10 Vulnerability: 2x BODY Ice/Cold Attacks Uncommon
Disadvantage Points: 85
Cost Summary:Base Points:200Disadvantage Points: 85Experience Required: 65Total Experience Available: 0Total Character Cost: 350Height: 1.80 mHair: BrownWeight: 86.00 kgEyes: BrownAppearance: King Kitsune is a human/fox hybrid with nine tails and golden fur. He wears black-and-gold armor that is sometimes laced with small, harmless, electrical discharges. His helmet's visor, as well as the head of his sceptre, is in the shape of the Japanese kanji for 'King' (resembling two capital E's back to back). The King Sceptre is approximately three feet long and appears to be made of solid gold.Personality: Quote:Background: King Kitsune, the English translation of his Japanese name is, in actuality, the spirit of an ancient Japanese fox-spirit, a Thunder Kitsune, fused with a human teenager. The spirit's essence was bound into a golden rod or sceptre, a family heirloom passed down from generation to generation. Most recently, it belonged to Koji Minamoto, a boy of mixed Japanese/American descent. While doing a report in High School on his family background and geneology, he took the sceptre with him for a bit of 'Show And Tell'. Being very introverted, Koji's stomach was churning before he gave his report to the class, so he went to the restroom for relief.

During his bathroom break (ahem), unfortunately, one of his fellow students went a little over the edge, one of his fellow students pulled a gun in the middle of class ... fortunately, the student was talking and ranting about his life rather than shooting, but it was obvious that he was going to plug anybody who flinched. Koji twitched ... he had some martial arts skills, but that wasn't going to stop a bullet. Then, the spirit within the sceptre spoke to him, urging him to action ... to call upon the spirit's power and unite with it. Together, they could prevent anybody from getting hurt. With no other options, he agreed.

As the spirit merged with him, it transformed him into a kitsune, an adult one at that ... the kitsune's personality became dominant, though the shared mind meant that it was fully aware of where he was, what he was doing, and what the situation was. in a golden blur, he disarmed and subdued the enraged student, dashed back to where he started, and de-morphed ... but the sceptre disappeared. Koji knew, though, that he could call the sceptre and use it to become King Kitsune again. The spirit was quite insistent that, now that it had been released, it be permitted to continue its heroics.

Powers/Tactics: Campaign Use: 

Seems kind of weak for a nine-tailed Kitsune; Kitsune gain more power with each tail, and a nin-tailed kitsune would be fairly godlike. This guy looks to be three or four tails at most (complete WAG based on what I know about the myths). Appropriate hunteds might be a Kitune with more tails out to punish this one for interfering with the mortal world, or maybe Demon looking for a powerful and bindable servant. Extra power slots should definitely include a change environment megascale long lasting for calling rain and storms, and maybe a nice flexible transformation attack for minor trickery. Images as well, and invisibility.

To post charaters on the boards, just choose the Hero Boards export templates, preview character, copy the text, post, and paste.

Seems kind of weak for a nine-tailed Kitsune; Kitsune gain more power with each tail' date=' and a nin-tailed kitsune would be fairly godlike. [/quote']

To paraphrase Steve from the back of CKC on adapting characters, I'm indulging in the time-honored comic tradition of warping mythology to suit my needs. ;) I see your point, though. I may alter the de-tails.

Remember that Kitsune can gain and lose tails. Maybe his hunted is the kitsune that stole five of his tails, leaving him crippled and trapped in that rod until his recent escape. Or maybe he's just lying to the boy, pretending that he was once more powerful to impress him. Kitsune are known for telling tall tails.

Remember that Kitsune can gain and lose tails. Maybe his hunted is the kitsune that stole five of his tails' date=' leaving him crippled and trapped in that rod until his recent escape. Or maybe he's just lying to the boy, pretending that he was once more powerful to impress him. Kitsune are known for telling tall tails.[/quote']

Brilliant idea ... and nice pun at the end. ;)

Made a few minor tweaks ...

1. While building the 'unpowered' form, I realized that since the Multiform had Reversion, it was going to be almost impossible to take KK's foci away from them, so I made them just 'special effects'.

2. Added 'No Range' to the Some Disassembly Required power, as it's appropriate and I missed it.

3. Added 'Not with Velocity-based maneuvers' to the one-two thousand punch, since it seems like it'd be hard to land a multi-punch that takes advantage of velocity (and it keeps my damage down).