Looking for the real Vanguard's Patriot!

THE PATRIOT

Hey Counter Earth Patriot!

Would the real Patriot please stand up?

You and I have a very interesting similar situation here. Not only the sharing of the Patriot name. But the sharing of being members of a team affectionately referred to as THE VANGUARDS. Of course you are in Chicago and we are in New Briton.

Now this wouldn't be bad...but we are confusing people. Now we could have a typical DC/Marvel crossover here and mistake each other as "the bad guy" and do battle only to unite our forces to defeat the baddy that's truly out to torment us...or...we could team up and take over Dr. Destroyer's old island and re-ignite the cause for Truth, Justice, and the AMERICAN way.

We could be TEAM VANGUARDS PATRIOTS!!!

Although, even in the old boards, I bow to your posting powers of numerous notes.

Take care bud,

The Patriot

Teamups!!!!!

Team-ups....I love team ups!!!

I was wondering how long It was going to be before you were gonna show up.

How would you suppose we Do this cross over?

Over the internet,(I dont think all my people have access to it)

Swap characters, running it seperately,and post our game notes here,or consult though e-mail, and post a agreed upon blended version.

Get back to me on this one, As I am very intrested in this idea

Signed,

Patriot

Of Earth 1's Chicago based

Team Vanguard attachment.php?s=&postid=7794

To anybody reading this. Have you ever done a crossover of campaign worlds of two different groups?

So my Patriotic counterpart, are you possibly saying not just a red, white, and blue crossover, but maybe even an all out explosive crossover of The Vanguards!!!!! As difficult as this might be to pull off, the possibilities might just be what is needed to interject some good old fashioned fun into the experience of role playing.

I know of an impartial individual who is a very experienced PBEM player/GM and not a Vanguard. He has played a campaign with yours truly The Patriot. As his character was a cranky young liberal female new super hero who had a difficult time dealing with the established/historical position of "authority" of the Patriot. So the fact that we played together on a campaign could prove beneficial for anybody but me...okay I'm just kidding...hopefully. Not to mention even though his character was new to being a hero...he is simply a very knowledgeable rules person which tends to make him a very good player/GM.

The Vanguards here have been in "retirement" for awhile as people have had to take the weight of responsibilities in their lives. But it would be interesting to see what would happen here if a PBEM game with hopefully light weight time constraints could get people to answer the call to action.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon buddy,

Jim (The True Vanguard's Patriot) Jansen

Gasp!

My Friend,

From your last post, I beleive ther may be an unresolved issue here, I have never had a Windy City web sight so this must mean one thing (GASP!)

There is a third Patriot out there somewhere!

I am Still intrested, your GM Sounds fine, But what will be our Objective, to pummel each other, to join teams to find the missing Patriot of Earth-3, To deliver a cheescake to DR' D care of Foxbat????...Or some other dastardly plan.

Signed,

Patriot of Earth Ones

Chicago based Team Vanguard

Oops, my bad. I believe I might have been confusing another member who has one and I was getting the Chicago setting all mixed up.

I'm going to check into how to pull something like this off. Do you guys play face-to-face or PBEM? I've only done face-to-face and in some ways I would like to combine the best of both elements. Have my guys in one room and your guys in another and through instant messages or a chat room with the GM at another screen we might pull this off. I'm looking into what resources that might be online and I'll make a poste looking for suggestions.

Of course this again falls on commitment from those that I can do no more than ask if they can do this.

When did you create the Patriot?

JJ

Patriot

Patriot was created March 20, 1991

And he currently is at 1843 points

We play face-to-face, and I've never played by e-mail.

Lets see how this pans out

On MSN, We could create our own chat room, and run it from there,The GM(who would need to create the room)can be whispered by bothe sides, telling our choices, and print out the effect. I guess we shall see.

Patriot

Of Earth-1's Chicago-based

Team Vanguard

I just heard today about the MSN chat room with the whisper feature. I'll poste something to see if anybody's ever done this before. Did you ever watch The Tick cartoon? I believe my Patriot would be like when a guy named Barry used to call himself the Tick and our blue friend wasn't going to give up being called The Tick. No matter what Barry did, he just could stand up to The Tick. That is unless many, many, many points are spent on vehicles, bases, rich and powerfull friends...ha ha ha.

Wait a sec...My Patriot is an ex-United States Senator...he is rich and powerfull! Bring it on cosmic Patriot...wait till I fling a man hole cover at ya. Okay that's me talking...not The Patriot. He wouldn't be too pleased with me egging on a challenge like that. Although, in his past he did have to deal with several so called costumed heroes calling themselves Patriot. You see as a lad my guy actually had a rare meeting with the real legendary Patriot in the 1940's, so he figured he had more say so for carrying on the name, reputation, and the legend of The Patriot. So a few "heroes" needed convincing to give up the name.

The Patriot

1940's

My father was Johnny R.O.K.I.T., of the original Team Vanguard in the 1940s, About 1966 he mysteroiusly dissapeared , rumor has it that He had Gotten into a Pitched Battle with A remanent of WWII Nazi Germany called Baron Gestapo, Allegedly Gestapo has his Body in stasis until he can figure out how to transplant Hitlers brain into it.

In his Secret Id (which will remain nameless) he is a world class doctor. His social life is a popular attraction of the local news, but his personal life has been wrought with much heart break (His Ex-wife was killed by a clone of himself)and hes been thru numerous girlfriends only one of which has found out his secret .

He Has A child who should only be 9 but thru a dimensional fold of some sort, she is nearing her 20th Birthday she goes by the name Glory(yes a super)

He was born a mutant, during the First gulf war his powers came to the surface, after a brawl with Baron Gestapo,Until Medics took him in , and healed him, Causing more powers to manifest. While on an inter-stellar trip he was irradiated by some odd materail, putting his DNA in Flux, and at one point he died at the hand of a celestail being resembling a demon.

Then can What Planar beings would call a blood war, it spilled over onto earth, The Arch-Angel Micheal Bestowed his life back upon him as long as he would help stop the war, he agreed . When he returned to earth , his powers had changed

He now carried a sword, and had wings, and eyes of fire

The war took Months,but the forces of evil was eventually defeated,His Angelic power faded, leaving Patriot there with his original powers, he was the real deal, but a bit plane-touched now. He does a lot of solo missions now, making sure things are right around the world.

This is the very short version on his history, the whole thing is about 30 pages.

You've got to email me a drawing or two if you have any of Patriot. I'll send some of my stuff your way too. I am continuing to poste here because other Vanguards are reading this. They've created a user name but haven't been able to poste yet.

I have such respect for your bond to Patriot. It's great there's the amount of history there that can fill 30 pages.

The Patriot of New Britain