Help w/Adventure [Long]

CourtFool

I am running a Fantasy Hero - Turakian Age campaign for a friend of mine online. He is playing an ex-sailor, ex-mercenary with the potential for magic, but no spells yet. Brett, the PC, is a 75/75 fairly well balanced character. Light on combat. I may post him later.

I loved the idea of tieing in a album into an adventure/campaign. Since my friend use to be a Police fan, I thought I would do Synchronicity. Below is a very rough draft of what I have planned so far.

For those not familiar with the album idea, you take an album and use each song on it as a theme for each 'chapter' of your adventure. The album title should be the over-arching theme for the series. In each 'chapter' you try to incorporate the song lyrics into the game. The closer the better, but I do not think anyone minds if you take some creative licence.

Here are my notes so far:

Leaving the Big City and Bright Lights

After hearing of a new mercenary company in Fellburg paying 30 gold Dollars a month for strong arms, our hero leaves his current company and heads out of Kasselden. He also plans to visit his mother while in Fellburg.

A Connecting Principle

You are still a few miles from Essen, a small farming community as dusk draws close. The light breeze you welcomed during your daylong trek now feels chill.

Before you, in the middle of the road, lays a rolled up parchment. A careful inspection reveals that it is not very old and bares no arcane symbols. The following is written on the scroll in Trade-Tongue:

A connecting principle,

Linked to the invisible

Almost imperceptible

Something inexpressible.

Science insusceptible

Logic so inflexible

Causally connectable

Yet nothing is invincible.

(A connecting principle) As soon as you finish reading the last line you hear a voice call out, “Allo! Would you give me a hand, good man?†Off the side of the road, in the ditch, stands a middle-aged man. As you approach closer you can see that his mule and cart have slipped from the road into the ditch and now lay on their side with bushels of grain spilled around them.

Do you tell him you do not have time to assist him, offer aid or something else?

“Thank you, good man. I am Jonas. My mute companion,†Jonas motions towards the mule, “is Axel. We lost a wheel and took a tumble off the side of the road. Night is coming soon and I would hate to be caught out here after dark.â€

“You know, you are the second strange face I have seen in two days. A fellow passed me just yesterday. He said he was looking for the Lady of the Woods. Said his name was Emilo and that he had come from Dasselden in search of the Lady.â€

“Have you not heard of the tale of the Lady of the Woods? Ah, that is right. You are not from here. Well the Lady of the Woods is a ghost of a long forgotten maiden who died before her time. Every now and then someone claims to have seen her dancing through the woods at night.†Jonas motions in the direction of a forest a few miles north. “You aren’t afraid of ghosts, are you? She is a nice ghost. She never really bothers anyone. Just dances. Sometimes she is seen crying but then runs off. No one really knows who she is.â€

The Mug and Stein

While the rest of Essen appears to be asleep already, lights, sounds and smells still escape the Mug and Stein. It appears exactly as the countless other taverns you have visited in your travels but is still a welcome reprieve from the chill night air.

“The least I could do is buy you a mug.†Comments Jonas as he goes about unhitching Axel from the cart.

• The tavern should be bright, loud and constantly moving. It will also be filled with locals.
  • (Linked to the invisible) Invisible thief picking people’s pockets.

I would love input from my fellow Herophiles. Specifically:

• Constructive criticism of the above notes
  • Ideas on where to take it from here
  • Suggestions on keeping with the Synchronicity theme

Thanks in advance.