How is Combat Sense built?

Re: How is Combat Sense built?

In the Talents section of 5E' date=' most of the talents show how they're built ... except Combat Sense. In UMA, there is a reference to Combat Sense, and how it can be bought to simulate a sense to cheapen it ... but I can't figure out how to go about doing that. Anybody know?[/quote']

In my FRED it is built as Detect target in HTH combat (5 points) Targetting (single sense, 10 points), passive. Making it a sense doesn't cheapen it, it makes it more expensive (17 points), but well worth it so you are not losing half a phase, unless you feel that the 'pause - strike' thing adds flavour.

I noticed your question to Steve Long. I'm stating the obvious, but do not use the simulated senses rule unless you already have a sense other than sight that is targetting, otherwise your combat sense (your ability to fight without penalty in the dark) won't work when it is dark...but if you do you can save the 10 points for targetting.

I noticed your question to Steve Long. I'm stating the obvious' date=' but do not use the simulated senses rule unless you already have a sense other than sight that is targetting, otherwise your combat sense (your ability to fight without penalty in the dark) won't work when it is dark...but if you do you can save the 10 points for targetting.[/quote']

Depends on the sense ... if it's in the Mental sense group, then it would still function fine in the dark.

Depends on the sense ... if it's in the Mental sense group' date=' then it would still function fine in the dark.[/quote']

Yes, you're right - haven't got the book with me, but is mental sense automatically targetting? If not, you'd need to buy targetting for the sense group or it just wouldn't work. I thought sight wa the only sense group that automatically contained targetting. Could well be wrong - it happens all of the time!