Knights of New L.A. PBEM Players Needed

Corven_Ren

Many of you may have read the original thread about this campaign in the Champion section. Here is the official call for players

Campaign History

(Notation this campaign world will feature heroes from both Marvel & D.C.)

January, 1991 after a couple of weeks of conflict in Desert Storm, Sadam Hussein launches nuclear armed war heads at key cities around the world. Hearing about the impending strike several of the world's heroes enter voulentary suspended animation at various locations throughout the world, hopin to help rebuild once awakened. The United States and Russia retaliate with nuclear strike of their own, What follows is the greatest destruction in the history of the world. Moscow, London, Paris, Berlin, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Denver, Washington D.C., Gotham City, Mexico City, Toronto, Quebec, and Ontario are all struck. Two missles strike Orlando and Cape Canveral, Florida at the same time the unique blast sinks half of the state. Iraq is completely obliterated by the conterstrikes. What happens next would change the free world forever. The remnants of the U.S. military seize control of the government and begin building weapons. Striking quickly before they could muster any strength, the U.S. Military invades Canada and after three years have complete control of that country. After a mere three more years the U.S. military are in control of a land mass spanning from the northern most reaches of Canada all the way down to Panama. The new regime names its territory, The united North American Provinces and over the next 350 years, while rebuilding the destruction, tighten their grip on the citizens, and in their arrogance, thining that they were acting as the great hero would, build a statue of Captain America to replace the destroyed Statue of Liberty. The police of this new society are all cyborgs and very few are actually voulenteers. Killing an officer is an automatic death sentence and merely striking one will get you locked up and tortured. All attempts to overthrow the government have been completely quashed.

The characters will be the first in a new line of heroes who now oppose the government and are attempting to restore democracy to the country. Also as the game progresses severla of the sleeping heroes of the past will awaken and find the world they knew gone. Not only will they be fighting against the government they will also have to deal with normal and super criminals.

Charcter Info

Points 250 + 150 Disadvantages

Maximum Active Points 90

Your Free Everyman skill are same as modern + TF: Personal hovercraft..and your Area Knowledge will be New L.A.

Character should not have a Public Identity

All Character must take the following

3 Language skill: Gutterspeak

20 Disadvantage: Hunted by Enofrcers 8-, More Powerful, Extensive NCI, Harshley Punish

Submissions should be in text format only, as the only way I have to look at tehm is the word pad program on my computer. I am also looking for one character to be a rogue Enforcer. This character would originally be a new experimental cyborg, possibly the 1st attempt to make a mutant into a cyborg.

Send submissions to jcmcminis@yahoo.com or PM them to me

feel free to send me questions or post them here

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Knights of New L.A. PBEM Players Needed

I have recieved my first submission today and he posed a question about Codes vs Killing I feel I should touch on here. You are not required to take any form of limitation involving killing. If you are caught by the Enforcers you will be killed, bottom line. I have no problems with the PC's killing Enforcers or criminals, just not citizens. I do not however want PC"S who think collateral damage is okay, I want them to be upset if an innocent bystander gets hurt or killed.

Guest WhammeWhamme

One other thing was just wondering if any of you guys who had asked questions in the original post were going to send in submissions. WhammeWhamme' date=' Sketchpad?[/quote']

I've submitted. (Ghost)

I've submitted. (Ghost)

Ah Ok as I said before, I really like her and you are the only one who's submitted so far. I am hoping to get more. I plan on keeping the submissions open until I get at least eight to ten and will probably narow it down from there.

The idea kind of grabs me, and I'm considering submitting a character, but I'm not quite grasping the setting. Should I be thinking futuristic dystopia with high-technology (but dark technology, like Blade Runner rather than Star Wars) or post-apocolypse? Likewise, are our characters going to be leading double lives as loyal citizens or will we be open outlaws (or is that up to us?)

Side note: how will this game be run? Are you planning on using Yahoo or HeroCentral or something, or just using an email list?

The idea kind of grabs me, and I'm considering submitting a character, but I'm not quite grasping the setting. Should I be thinking futuristic dystopia with high-technology (but dark technology, like Blade Runner rather than Star Wars) or post-apocolypse? Likewise, are our characters going to be leading double lives as loyal citizens or will we be open outlaws (or is that up to us?)

Side note: how will this game be run? Are you planning on using Yahoo or HeroCentral or something, or just using an email list?

To answer your questions

1) Yes think Blade Runner...cars and motorcycles are still used but there are personal and large hoovercraft vehicles & some advanced weaponry. There are some regions that are post apocolyptic in environment and technology level but you will not be in those areas to start.

2) Unless you have DF that is not concealable I strongly reccomend a Secret ID otherwise you will not be able to go out in public without being shot at by enforcers.

3) Sidenote: I have created a group at Yahoo to run this campaign from. I will inform everyon this is my first attempt to run a pbem game and I hope I keep it interesting for you

Okay then, another three questions. First, what kind of powers does a typical Enforcer have EDIT I mean besides the ones listed, or are they otherwise just trained normals /EDIT? Second, since the Enforcer PC would be a prototype, would modification to the powers (particularly to account for them being a mutant - frex, no on-board weapons, but maybe cybernetics meant to enhance/complement their powers instead) be OK? And lastly, how would you feel about a semi-homage of an existing character?

Okay then' date=' another three questions. First, what kind of powers does a typical Enforcer have EDIT I mean besides the ones listed, or are they otherwise just trained normals /EDIT? Second, since the Enforcer PC would be a prototype, would modification to the powers (particularly to account for them being a mutant - frex, no on-board weapons, but maybe cybernetics meant to enhance/complement their powers instead) be OK? And lastly, how would you feel about a semi-homage of an existing character?[/quote']

1) A typical Enforcer has enhance STR,DEX,CON, BODy, SPD..the life support listed..high ranged radio hearing and infra red vision, they are also highly trained in one type of martial art (usually the enforcers choice), trained with all sorts of fire arms. Built in weapons is a Stun ray (EB Stun only), an RKA, & an entangle. Also flash defense vs sight and sound 10 to 15 points each.

2) Anything you said about the prototype would be perfectly plausable

3) An homage is fine, just out of curiosity who are you thinking about doing an homage of.?

1) A typical Enforcer has enhance STR,DEX,CON, BODy, SPD..the life support listed..high ranged radio hearing and infra red vision, they are also highly trained in one type of martial art (usually the enforcers choice), trained with all sorts of fire arms. Built in weapons is a Stun ray (EB Stun only), an RKA, & an entangle. Also flash defense vs sight and sound 10 to 15 points each.

2) Anything you said about the prototype would be perfectly plausable

3) An homage is fine, just out of curiosity who are you thinking about doing an homage of.?

Cyclops. I still haven't come up with a name that isn't cheesy. Basic idea is a kid with, essentially, the eyebeam power who got handed over to the government. He was totally re-engineered (including partly cybernetic eyeballs to let him control his power, sub-dermal armor and the like) as a highly lethal sniper. The character is still in way-way prototype stage. I'm considering going with capacitors with the sub-dermal armor that feed energy into the eyebeams directly through his brain as a device for the malfunction that made him go rogue. I'm also thinking about a visit to some sort of an illegal body chop-shop that got him reworked enough to be unrecognized.

Cyclops. I still haven't come up with a name that isn't cheesy. Basic idea is a kid with' date=' essentially, the eyebeam power who got handed over to the government. He was totally re-engineered (including partly cybernetic eyeballs to let him control his power, sub-dermal armor and the like) as a highly lethal sniper. The character is still in way-way prototype stage. I'm considering going with capacitors with the sub-dermal armor that feed energy into the eyebeams directly through his brain as a device for the malfunction that made him go rogue. I'm also thinking about a visit to some sort of an illegal body chop-shop that got him reworked enough to be unrecognized.[/quote']

Cool

what's the position on magic and aliens?

is the possibility of a reawakened hero open to us?

are there any special cities we should know about (vibora bay or anything like that)?

1) Magic and aliens are legitimate with a good origin story...

2) Yes if you want you can play a reawakened hero..of your own design. There will be actual comic book heroes awakining as you play.

3) The only non-real cities are Gotham and Atlantis (Marvel version)

*cough*brick*cough*

:)

j/k... i'd just like to see some more people ;)

I would like to see more people submit as well, ideally I would between 5 to 10 characters. If I do not get as many as I would like. I will start the game and leave submissions open for more entries. No one has submitted a brick yet. I know Fireg0lem is going to submita character as is The Maxx but beyond that I do not know. Also one other note 400 points people 250 + 150 Disadvantages. I know it says it in the original post but xHazard sent me a 350 point character...and I have informed him he still has 50 pts to spend. Also one other reccomendation I do not thin I have mentioned before you want at least 20 resistant PD & ED or you will quickly end up on the scrape them off the side of the building list.