Champions Vs SAS is Back

Vote for the villians of the piece as the Trickster whittles down the best of the baddest for inclusion in his Elite Guard.

Will CU's Thunderbird or SAS's Alice, Queen of Hearts be the first member of this line up?

Only you can determine that.

Vote early (but not often, 'cause like, that'd be cheating) at

http://www.champions-vs-sas.com/

I must admit, several of the matchups have rung false to me.

Defender vs. Red Phoenix? Ironclad vs. Sentinel? Thunderbird vs. Alice, Queen of Hearts?

Defender and Sentinel are both leaders, both "true-blue" heroes and both equipped with similar powers (strength, resilience, flight, blasts...albeit from different sources). Tehy seemed like a natural match. That would leave Ironclad to fight Red Phoenix: two very tough but shrewd combatants with fearsome HTH power.

As for T-Bird, I have nothing against him, but he really doesn't have the depth of character to match alice, nor does he enjoy equivalent status in the CU. She's a member of the White Rooks, their premier villain team. Mechassassin or Scorpia, perhaps, are of comparable notoriety.

Unlike the Champions (plus Kinetik) vs. the Guard (plus Officer Prometheus), GOO have a primary villain team while the CU really doesn't - we have many more villains, though. I hope that as we see who else made the cut, it will be the ones we've been fondly battling down through the years.

BTW, can anyone say whether the respective parties decide all the matches in advance, or as things progress? If the lineup's already fixed, I'll spare you further exhortations.;

(Grunt...)

I do hope HERO staff will learn something out of this very interesting concept; Making archetypal characters is good as a way to show an indecisive player what it could look like, but it is the more personalized types who gets the fame.

And Alice Queen of Heart is a beautiful exemple of that.

I don't know too much of CU apart from Classic Ennemies and the usual things, but colorful -even disturbing charachters are lacking. I would have like the Protectors handle this concept, though.

But hey, the game systems themselves are behond comparison.

Originally posted by Marchwarden

Unlike the Champions (plus Kinetik) vs. the Guard (plus Officer Prometheus), GOO have a primary villain team while the CU really doesn't - we have many more villains, though. I hope that as we see who else made the cut, it will be the ones we've been fondly battling down through the years.

Hmmm.

Actually, Champions does have a villian team of noteriety. CLOWN.

Moving on.

Silver Age Sentinels feels like the old DC universe.

The Guard being the Justice League and the White Rooks being the Legion of Doom being led by Darkseid.

Champions feels like the Marvel Universe

The Champions as the Avengers

Viper as Hydra

Mechanon as Ultron

Doctor Destroyer as Dr. Doom

There are small groups of villians who are banded together in Champios.

Eurostar, The Ultimates, Project Sunburst, etc. But they feel like they aren't really a major threat to the world.

Champions has more villians. But other than Foxbat, Dr. Destroyer, Mechanon, LeRoy the Amazing Exo-Skeleton Man and CLOWN, there are few who are as developed.

I don't know if they are considering options on villians. Dr. Destroyer and Kreuzritter are very probably out.

Firebird is one of the big names and I hope he goes up against General Winter.