Adjustment Power Wierdness

Marcus

Question

Okay, guys, some of the interrelationships between Adjustment Powers, Frameworks, Et. Al., is starting to make my head hurt. Input, please?

Let us assume that the Relocator has a largish transfer versus ALL fire based powers (say 3d6), all at the same time, and all points transferred go to his Strength.

Relocator tags Mr. Firebrand (posessed of Flight, Force Field, and Energy Blast, all based on Fire). Relocator gets an 11, and Mr. Firebrand looses 11 points each off his Flight, Force Field, and Energy Blast.

By my read of it (points is points) Mr. Relocator gains 33 points of Strength. Correct?

Attendant question-

Let us assume as above, but Mr. Firebrand bought the above Flight, Force Field, and Energy Blast in a single Elemental Control. Due to the interlinked nature of the current EC, does Mr. Firebrand...

1.) Loose 11 points off each power in the EC, including the EC slot itself, and give only 11 points to Relocator?

2.) Loose 11 points off each power in the EC, including the EC base itself, and give 33 points to Relocator? Or is it 44?

3.) Loose 33 points off each power in the EC (due to the interlinked nature of ECs) and give 11 points to Relocator?

4.) Loose 33 points off each power in the EC and give 33 points to Relocator?

And Finally-

As Frameworks are 'tied together' defensively, weakening them (that is to say that by my understanding a drain against ANYTHING in the EC is a drain against EVERYTHING in the EC).. does the converse apply? Does Aiding the 'baseline' EC increase the size of the powers in the EC? Or do you have to aid the powers individually? Or would the careful points-cruncher aid his friends EC some, and then aid the powers in it, in effect 'recalculating' the EC as he went?

1 answer to this question

Adjustment Powers are definitely tricky! They're flexible and cool, but they sure spawn a lot of questions (see copious Rules FAQ sections).

By my read of it (points is points) Mr. Relocator gains 33 points of Strength. Correct?

No, he gains 11 points. There's a Rules FAQ question or two on this under "Transfer."

Re: the Power Framework aspect of attacking with a Transfer, see 5E 151.

Re: the application of Adjustment Powers generally to Power Frameworks, see 5E 74-75.