Military Fleet

Super Squirrel

I'm not MitchellS and will not be posting a serious of insane charts all at once. Impressed, yes, but I just don't have the time to get to that level yet.

I'm, however, designing the Usagian military. My campaign takes places in Andromeda Quadrant 0:0:7. The Usagian are an aggressive force that control all systems with a 30 ly radius from the center. The reasons behind the limited control is due to both lack of military force and the inefficiency in communication systems.

Ship Types (Non-Military)

Merchant

Transport

Ship Types (Military)

Scout Ship

Assault Ship

Troop Transport

Cruiser

Dreadnaught

Carrier

Military Rank

Chancellor - Leader of The Usagians

Council General - Six Council Generals oversee the entire Military System and report directly to the Chancellor.

General - This is a general for every colonized planet, star base, and one commands the Usagian Flagship.

Fleet Commander - Responsible for command of a series of ships.

Captain - Commanding officer on any non-small Class Ship.

Star Three - Squad Leader for either ground or space units

Star Two - Pilot Assault or Scout Ships, Elite Ground Units

Star One - Experience General Unit

Ensign - New Recruit out of training

Hyperspace Drives

Class I: 1 lightyear / day. Known to breakdown frequently after warp.

Class Is: These are stabler versions Class I Hyperdrives.

In truth, this is more of a way for me to transfer typed up information from work to home. ;)

Re: Military Fleet

Class I: Hyperspace Drive: Faster-Than-Light Travel (1 Light Years/day), Variable Limitations (requires -1/4 worth of Limitations; RSR(Hyperspace Navagation) or Must Warp Known Hyperspace Route; +0) (28 Active Points); OAF Immobile (-2), Activation Roll 13-, Burnout (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2)

Class Is: Hyperspace Drive: Faster-Than-Light Travel (1 Light Years/day), Variable Limitations (requires -1/4 worth of Limitations; RSR(Hyperspace Navagation) or Must Warp Known Hyperspace Route; +0) (28 Active Points); OAF Immobile (-2), Activation Roll 15-, Burnout (+0), Costs Endurance (-1/2)

I like what I've seen of the Usagians so far. I might steal it later for one of my hostile races. "Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent." :)

The variable limitation is a good idea for the hyperdrives. I like that idea. I would have no problem using them in my game. The only thing I would change is the immobile limitation for myself. I don't like using it with moving vehicles.

I look forward to stealing... seeing more. :)

Cool. Last night I installed XSLSpy for designing XML webpages. While we watched the movie Troy, I did the basic layout for all of the Hyperdrives. Once I have the write-ups for all of them, I'll add them up.

Today at work, I will try and put in information on their sensor systems.

Regarding the Usagians, by all means, fully use them. I plan on introducing them in a very classic way into my game.

Shield Disruption Laser I

While incapable of doing physical damage, this weapon is capable of disrupting a small section of force fields.

Area of Effect 3" Radius, 6d6 Suppress Force Field

Shield Disruption Laser II

This is a more powerful version of the Shield Disruption Laser I

Area of Effect 3" Radius, 12d6 Suppress Force Field

Shield Disruption Mine

This device is a small orb with a built in targetting frequency. When the object strikes a shield, it explodes, momentarily disurpting shields.

20d6 Drain Force Field, Explosive, Trigger, Increased Rate of Turn plus transmit Sensor Lock Location, Trigger

Hmm. I don't have 5Er but what I could do is make it a plus Concealed Transmit Location Beacon, Only works until Trigger activates (-1/4).

Then I could build a weapon with Trigger, Location Beacon disappears. With all of the extra time a weapon would be spent aiming at the mine, that would be a sure-fire hit.