Running and Turning follow-up... and more!

SirViss

Question

You said (emphasis mine):

It means just what it says in the rulebook: a character who's using Running can turn "as often as he wants," unless the GM chooses to impose a Turn Mode to reflect existing conditions. For the most part, the HERO System doesn't have rules that dictate character facing; a character who's just standing in a hex can turn around ("change facing," if you will) whenever he wants, provided the GM doesn't forbid it to keep him from unfairly exploiting the rules or the like.

This situation came up not too long ago, which is why I am asking questions. The character isn't just standing. Ex.: Speedy has already moved 10" (with Running) down a 1" wide passage. He grabs someone (or something) and runs back the way the came.

The other reason i ask this is because of something that is mentionned under Move By (5ER p.390), when doing a Multiple Move By on one target:

"he can only make an attack each time he returns to the first hex he attacked from."

It goes on to say that if the attacker circled the target, he could only attack after moving "x" hexes, when he returned to the hex of the original attack. Is this a game balance issue? If he can turn on a dime he could just move forward 1", turn, and be back and hit again, probably doubling the number of times he could attempt to hit (at an enormous penalty for multiple attacks :)).

Next I just wanted to know, when someone attempts to break-out of a Grab on his turn, does the Grabber only resist the escape attempt with Casual STR?

Finally, I think you missed a posted question by steriaca 8 or 9 post ago. :)

1 answer to this question