VPP with 1 Charge

techogre

Question

Lets say Mr. Wizard wants a 100 point VPP that has the limitation that each power used reduces the total of the VPP pool by its real cost, recovered by getting 8 hours of rest. Would this be a -1 limitation, basically 1 charge on each point, on the control cost or what limitation would be the correct one. Or am I having issues reading 5ER? :confused:

Example: Mr. Wizard has all his magical powers from a book called the PHB (3.5) :rolleyes:. He can "cast" up to 100 points of spells. Lets say he casts a single spell (Mage Hand - STR 2 TK + Fine Manipulation) worth 13 Active / 6 Real points. This would reduce his total VPP to 94.

1 answer to this question

Re: VPP with 1 Charge

There's no standard Limitation to cover that, so you'd need to use Limited Power, then set the value at whatever the GM considered most appropriate for the campaign and setting.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest posting in "Discussion" -- describe what you want to build without reference to HERO System terms, then ask people for opinions about how to simulate it using the rules.

One thought that occurs to me: don't apply the sort of Limitation you're describing to the VPP. Instead, define the Pool so that all slots cost END, and all slots have to be defined in advance (e.g., by studying a spellbook) and can't be changed without similar preparations. Then buy an Endurance Reserve to supply that END. Then Limit the REC of the Endurance Reserve so that it Recovers slowly, based primarily on the character getting large amounts of rest.