The moment time stopped...

Super Squirrel

Tonight had a fun little twist to it. The players were raiding a VIPER base to rescue two companions. They had regrouped and were advancing down further to take out the remaining agents. MJ, the "scout", reported that behind a security door were three agents with a big, mounted weapon.

Thought used the Sledgehammer weapon he had "acquired" and started putting a huge hole into the floor from above to distract them while the rest moved forward for a flanking attack. Voltage used a Frosty weapon and tried it out on the security door making it only thicker and more secure. The Greek decided the best way to proceed would be to take her summoned Chariot and make a move through on the door. The chariot didn't "survive" the move through and disappeared tumbling her and Voltage inches away from the VIPER agents.

However, while this was happening, MJ put up a darkness field on the agents who had turned to shoot up into Thought's newly formed hole. So everyone is stuck in this corridor with agents inside a darkness field using a Flame Thrower.

Don't know where this going yet? Turn to page 107 of VIPER: Coils of the Serpent. Read the text just above game information for Torchie.

MJ is stuck in the corner of an area effect fire attack. She makes a perception roll to attack the weapon. She drops the darkness field as she unleashes her blast lest the VIPER agents get to react on a held action. The attack hits... And the weapon as per the rule explodes.

I was very nice here. Instead of doing -1 DC per 1" of damage, I did -2d6 per 1" for the explosion. I declared all three VIPER agents instantly dead. I roll for The Greek first. She gets a lucky roll. She loses 30 stun, no body and gets major knockback. Next is Reptile who has NO defenses. He Aborted to Dodge as many hexes as he could. He gets himself three hexes further and manages to be outside of the blast radius. Voltage is next. He takes 14 STUN and because he was flying, a ton of knockback. Thought (also flying) takes 6 STUN and is held firmly to the ceiling.

And then I roll for the gernades. Only one person was in range for one of them and took no damage, fortunately. But I ruled that blast and recovering from everything took 4 phases. If I had strictly followed the rules, Reptile and The Greek would have died and Thought would be in critical (and unconscious condition). Voltage would have been knocked out and MJ would have been hit and severely hurt.

But boy was that funny. :D