Anyone trying anything with Everquest II

Herolover

Guest joen00b

Re: Anyone trying anything with Everquest II

White Wolf games has source books for this. In the past, I have purchased used EQ 1 books for the spells and such in them. They're written for D20 3E (3.5 Compatible), so they were pretty much a steal.

In fact, EQ1 books are on sale from White Wolf for hella cheap because EQ2 Books are rolling out. Be warned, their website is atrociously slow. The materials are good and well laid out.

To directly answer the question: No, I have not done anything with EQ2, but there are source books available online.

EQ2 Players Handbook

EQ2 Spell Guide

Main Site

Enjoy! Share your trials and tribulations with us! I was going to do an EQ1 setting, but it's name is synonamous with pain and suffering with my circle of friends. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't get Uber, and yet I was knocking on PoTimes door when I retired.

The source books are great, tons of details and well written. I still will only buy them used (usually from Amazon) because they are infinitely cheaper and just as good as new.

I am playing EQII as well. (Befallen Server) I havne't done anything with it, and don't plan to since several of the other players in my group are much more hardcore EQ players. I do think its a nice setting and could offer a great tabletop game for a group. I might tone down some of the stuff to keep with the more post-Apocalyptic feel. Also it would be nice to play tabletop as quests would actually mean something. :) Stealing the battleplans from Blackburrow would actually help Qeynos. Good to know that WW is doing a good job with them. I wouldn't mind stealing the setting and using a different ruleset (probaly Hero).

Guest joen00b

I am converting it to HERO. See, just because my players hate EQ with a passion, it doesn't mean they won't be playing in the EQ world... just in the Turakian Age.

What I mean is, take for instance your server: Befallen. Admittedly a cool, low level zone. Using it for inspiration, I doubt any of them will make the connection as the name will be different as well as the names of the former residents, etc.

Blackburrow? Well, in the world I am running, there are animal men of all kinds, gnolls just happen to be jackalmen, so what if instead of being overrun with Gnolls (aka Jackalmen) it was overrun with Lynxmen or Orcs or Goblins, or just about anything else.

Taking away the name that has the onus has saved me tons of preperation time as well as inspiration.

I am currently running a game "based on" EQII. Like joen00b my players would hate the idea of playing a PnP EQII, because they don't like the MMORPGs.

So, I have used the basic idea and setup of EQII, am using many of the races right out of Fantasy Hero and the basic magic "system" presented in the Turakian Age and the Grimoirs.

I will have to see how it goes, but I really don't fosee a lot of problems.

I also was creating a Fantasy Hero game based upon the EQ2 world. Had a group of players online who just couldn't handle SOE anymore. :) The characters and stories we created were too good to lose simply because online isn't the viable medium for real RP.

I had some very basic stats penciled out for all of the races but that was as far as it went before I found out that most of my online group wouldn't be able to make it to a bi-weekly game. Too bad, because I loved my Ratonga. :)