fitting into the Turakian Age

dstarfire

my gm's running a game in the turakian age setting, and I've got a couple of questions about elves (also relevant for other races, too).

First of all, what did you pattern the elven language after? or did you develop your own? I'm asking so I can pick names and words that have the same 'feel' as the ones in the book.

Secondly, do all races mature at the same rate, or do the long-lived races mature more slowly. i.e. in many of the (other system)s settings, elves aren't considered adults until their hundredth year.

Re: fitting into the Turakian Age

I didn't have any specific pattern for the elven language other than the influence of having really long words. That in turn generally means a lot of short syllables and vowel sounds.

As for aging, I'd just apply the race's longevity modifier to whatever the normal human age breaks would be. For example, if humans are considered adults at 16, dwarves (4x human lifespan) are considered adults at 64, and drakine (no longevity modifier) are adults at 16. That should make things easy to remember. ;)