Exploding Shurikens Question

Captain Pants

Question

I'm trying to make an NPC that has shurikens she can throw (several at once), then detonate remotely by hand. My main question is: once I've launched all the "Triggers" involved, does she then need Autofire on the explosion as well, or would each shuriken from the autofire explode via the Trigger once she activates them?

See below:

1) HKA 1/2d6 (1d6+1 w/STR), 16 Charges (+0), Range Based On STR (+1/4), Linked (-1/4) (12 Active Points) (Real Cost: 12)

PLUS

2) EB 11d6, 16 Charges (+0), Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; +1/4), Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Explosion (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2) (137 Active Points) (Real Cost: 137)

- Cap

1 answer to this question

Re: Exploding Shurikens Question

I'm not sure I understand the question. If a character has an Autofire power with Trigger, when he activates the Trigger he indicates how many shots he wants to go off, up to the defined Autofire maximum. If the Triggered power is one that, by special effect, is “set” beforehand — like planting landmines, which are then Triggered by sufficient pressure — the character defines the number of Autofire shots that are activated when he sets the Trigger.

If that doesn't answer your question, please post a follow-up.