Autofire Images

Re: Autofire Images

The characters that are attempting to see through the illusion are going to have an easier time of it if your character is not controlling the individual reactions of each and every image to make them realistic (unless you are purchasing this with the uncontrolled advantage). You can't do that from the front or center of the group of images without either exposing your back to the characters or having a 360 degree sense of some sort.

I echo the sentiment that bonus DCV levels are an easier build and a good GM should handwave the from behind loophole based on SFX.

I don't think the character would have to actively control the images if they are defined with the set effect of acting exactly like--or very close to how--(s)he does.

I doubt the DCV Levels give the, "absolute," effect it sounds like NuSoardGraphite is looking for. I know many here don't like absolutes anyway, so let me phrase it slightly differently: the Images approach baffles people with low Perceptions (that may just be all those brick and martial artist types out there that spent all their points on Dex and CSLs and aren't going to be too worried by a couple extra points of DCV); how are you going to get your DCV Levels to do that? Limit them somehow? I bet by the time you are done getting them to be effective against the same dangerous enemies the Images will help with, the DCV levels won't be the easier build anymore.

Of course, I still maintain that one use of Images (possibly with some extra radius) and a RSR and/or Increased End Cost for variable effect are a simple build that does sound like it provides the desired benefits without the whole Autofire issue (which introduces questions of extra +1s, placement, huge End costs, etc.). It should be much less expensive, too.