Cockaigne, the Empire. Feedback please

Agemegos

Re: Cockaigne, the Empire. Feedback please

What's the seriousness and rules knowledge? To be a systemless?

Not that I'm bias at all, being a local :)

I'd put in some images. But it depends on the style of the scifi - is it gritty, all-text Alien-type, or flash graphics and ultra user-friendliness of a sci-fi computer game? Are the numbers important - will players be likely to have interests in astronomy? If the civilisation is decadent and old - would they have esoteric or arcane classification systems, rather than numbers?

What's the seriousness and rules knowledge?

See here, you!

Rules knowledge 1, Seriousness 4.

I'd put in some images.

Yeah, I'll have to see what I can do.

But it depends on the style of the scifi - is it gritty, all-text Alien-type, or flash graphics and ultra user-friendliness of a sci-fi computer game?

Gritty. And grimy.

Are the numbers important - will players be likely to have interests in astronomy?

Nope. The condensed versions actually handed to players will be without nearly all of the detail.

If the civilisation is decadent and old - would they have esoteric or arcane classification systems, rather than numbers?

Well, Cockaigne is decadent. But the documents you have are a desription of Cockaigne by the Empire. And the Empire isn't decadent. It isn't really all that old, either. I was formed 170 years ago, which is within living memory, given high-tech anagathics.

I've updated this page, adding the promised short description of Cockaigne, and also adding a list of the PCs in the con game, linked to PDF character descriptions.

So if you are at all interested, it is worth looking at again.