Transform targets in multiple buildings?

Darkness

Let's say I have something like:

Major Transform (living creatures into [whatever]), Area of Effect (e.g., Radius or 1 Hex with MegaScale).

How do I build this power to enable it to affect creatures in several buildings at once (or in several rooms/floors of the same building separated by walls/doors)?

There's Indirect but if I read it correctly, it just changes where the power comes from, meaning it can hit targets inside one building but not in several buildings at once (assuming there are walls/closed doors between them).

I think adding Autofire is an option, but IMO that'd get a bit complicated for bigger powers.

I also looked at Penetrating, but it seems it wouldn't help here... At least, I think so.

So how do I Transform the inhabitants of a small town (or whatever), apart from making them go outside first? ;)

I'm not that experienced in using HERO, so it's possible I'm missing something but in any case, I'm not sure how to go about this. Any help would be very cool. :)

Re: Transform targets in multiple buildings?

I believe Indirect includes a number of options (at different advantage costs) including the simple form source through any obstruction.

This combined with Area Effect should get where you're wanting to go.

Although I'm not sure I'd require it. After all, those buildings don't have power defense and the AE will hit everything in range. If you build it as "only turns people into X" I'd likely let it go with just the AE.

• 1 month later...

Re: Transform targets in multiple buildings?

I agree, and I chime in only because I built such a power for the NY mutant/Dark Phoenix crisis event, and I hand-waved that it'd be weaker with thicker substances in the way and all that.

Of course for a PC that might not be such a good idea, but in general I think it's fair to point out that an AE against a defense not materially inhibiting, i.e., as stated here walls don't have PowD, should penetrate said boundaries. I replaced Power Defense with Supernatural Defense in my game, and it's a stated rule that a benefit of Supernatural attacks is that they ignore other defenses.