PBEM Casting Call: Knights of Malta

Myrmidon

Rome

The massive crowds that had flooded Rome for the funeral of Pope John Paul II and the election and installation of Pope Benedict XVI were finally gone. No super villains had appeared to take advantage of the situation, no doubt due in no small part to the gathering of over thirty eight members of the Knights of Malta. Apart from the Roman team, the other thirty knights had come from Lances based in other nations, including all 5 members of Poland’s Lance. All capable heroes, if more known for saving lives than stomping on super villains, it had proven a unique experience.

In the dining hall of the Torre di Angelo, Fra Bertie, Grandmaster of the Order and former hero Chevalier strode up to the microphone. Quiet spread through the room in an instant, he was after all their commander. “Brothers and Sisters, tonight marks a special occasion. Apart from the being largest gathering of the Knights, tonight also brings much good news.â€

“To start preparations have been completed in Hungary for a new Lance, whose command I am most pleased to assign to Fra’ Jeremiah.â€

A wave of applause swept through the crowd as Jeremiah blushed slightly and grinned as well wishes came in.

“As well Fra’ Seraph is being assigned to the Orders UN mission. He will be the liaison with the Security Council, Checkmate and the Global Guardians. A task for which we can all be sure he will handle extremely well.â€

“Among other promotions, retirements and standing orders which I shall get too shortly, I wish to recognize Fra’ Cursa and Fra’ Migraine for their excellent work here in Rome. Your efforts in protecting Rome and the Vatican have been truly noble and I wish you both the best on your new assignments.â€

“This of course means Rome needs to be brought back up to strength, with four new members. I will be announcing the new team members after tonight’s dinner.â€

Knights of Malta Character & Co GM Call

The Knights of Malta are recruiting four new players and a Co GM. Character submissions will be accepted until May 6th, Midnight MST.

Please send the background only in Word Format to: davidalex.hart@gmail.com

For background please refer to the following websites

http://www.globalguardians.com both on the Malta Campaign page and the Encyclopaedia references

http://www.orderofmalta.org

The most important thing to consider when constructing a character for this campaign is this: the heroes on this team are not only devout Catholics both lay and religious, but are considered to be role models and standards bearers of Catholic morality as the official team of the Church. Faithful from around the world follow their exploits and other Catholic super heroes are measured against them.

The intent of this campaign to explore the role faith has with comic book super heroes in a city focused campaign with classic comic book sensibilities. While some globe-spanning adventures may take place, the action will be centred on Rome. Classic comic book characters who met the faith requirements will be preferred over edgier or unique concepts.

Re: PBEM Casting Call: Knights of Malta

Two bumps already! must be a very good seance . . . I may have an idea or so for you later, but I cannot provide stats. Sorry. And Knights of Malta? a little misleading surely? After all the real name of the order is "The Poor Knights of the Hospital of Saint John"(Who may or may not have been the baptist) or the Knights of Saint John or simply the Knights Hosptilar for short.

Re: PBEM Casting Call: Knights of Malta

Not quite considering the characters are required to purchase the rank Knight of Obedience (Order of Malta). It refers directly to the rank of the PC's 8).

Look forward to seeing it. As for stats, I'd like full character background from which I'll choose the players.

Cheers, David

Two bumps already! must be a very good seance . . . I may have an idea or so for you later' date=' but I cannot provide stats. Sorry. And Knights of Malta? a little misleading surely? After all the real name of the order is "The Poor Knights of the Hospital of Saint John"(Who may or may not have been the baptist) or the Knights of Saint John or simply the Knights Hosptilar for short.[/quote']