END use in your game

swobeas

Hi!

I want to ask you how you deal with END in your FH games.

Do you charge non-magic-users END for actions and attacks? Do your spellcasters use their personal END or an END reserve?

Therefore I have started a little poll, please tell me (and the others) how your games work..

I personally favour END reserves for magic users, just to make sure that a mage won't use his spells every 5 minutes and therefore a really lot of times a day... :jawdrop:

...and i don't charge personal END for actions, cause of combat speed. :dh:

thanx for answers and greets from berlin

swobeas

:stupid: doh I have pressed the wrng button and therefore the thread is without the poll.. I will start this in a 2nd thread

Re: END use in your game

I make all spellcasting cost Long Term END, though maintaining a spell once cast uses normal END. I let magic users use END Reserves (always through an Accessible Focus of some kind, almost always Independent), and require that the Reserve be "fed" in some way to recover, that is, I don't allow reserves that just recover automatically with time.

I don't normally bother about END for anything else, except in exceptional circumstances.

It's not according to the standard rules. I just charge the normal END cost, but it's drawn direct from LTE -- therefore wizards can't just go firing off spells left and right every five minutes if they expect to be able to do anything else for the rest of the day.

I chose this method rather than an END Reserve because I wanted spellcasting to be very draining, so that casting a lot of spells in a short space of time might leave a wizard too exhausted to walk. You could achieve the same thing with an END Drain Side Effect I suppose, but I find my LTE method works just fine and is easy for players to get their heads around.

I've been known to do the same, tho I add an extra limitation to spells that require LTE useage. I'm also fond of END reserves. One thing I've been messing with is the idea that the REC of an END reserve requires LTE to power it... thus, spellcasters can "Store" End, but they then have a long recovery time.